Question

Images not showing properly in Wordpress article zap

Badge

Can someone please assist my zap below. I am wanting the image I create using Dall e 3 to show in my wordpress blog draft however all I get is the code..? Is there a step in the zap I’m missing or am I putting info in the wrong area..? Also when I try to copy and paste the code into a browser I get an error so not sure what I’m doing wrong here. When I tested the zap all worked fine to retrieve the image when I was previewing it from within zapier but not once its posted..?

Appreciate any help. 

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RH2508 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your WordPress Zap step is configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field type and field description.

You may need to add a Zap step: WordPress - Upload Media

Then reference the Media in the following step for WordPress.

Badge

@Troy Tessalone thanks, are these the screenshots you are meaning..? I have added the URL to the featured media field already in the step below, but its not working. Do I need to add a further step to add this image URL..?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RH2508 

The Featured Media field expects a number value of a Media file that is uploaded to WordPress as indicated by the 123 icon.

Try adding this Zap step: WordPress - Upload Media

Then map the Media ID between Zap steps.

For the Content field, you would need to use HTML to properly display the image.

Info about HTML IMG tag: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_img.asp

Badge

@Troy Tessalone Sorry I’m lost..? What do you mean by “Then map the Media ID between Zap steps.”? is the upload media step before or after the create blog post step please..? I appreciate your assistance here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @RH2508,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

You’d need to add the “Upload Media” step before the “Create Post” step. Then, you’ll map the Media ID from the “Upload Media” step to the “Featured Media” field of the “Create Post” step.

Hopefully, this helps!

Badge

@ken.a Thank you, thats a lot clearer. Now I’m running into file size issue yet my file size allowance is 512MB! Can you assist with why this would be happening or is there a parameter I need to give Dall e to ensure the file size is correct? Just FYI I have tested and retested the step many times with the same result..? See screenshots below. 

Badge

I have tried asking Dall e to only give a file size no larger than 2MB but it still gives over 5MB so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong here..?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RH2508 

To have context about the error, we would need to see screenshots with how your Zap step “Action” tab is configured in EDIT mode.

Badge

@Troy Tessalone see below. Is this enough information..?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RH2508 

Try downloading the file from OpenAI to your desktop via the URL to see the actual file size.

Badge

@Troy Tessalone thank you. I will need to request my hosting provider to increase this, I appreciate your help, thank you.

Badge

@Troy Tessalone or @ken.a I have fixed the upload Media problem, and the media is uploading to my WP however it is still not showing on my blog post, but I can see it in the featured media area of my post..? Is there a way to make this show in the actual blog post above the title..?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RH2508 

We would need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured to have current context.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @RH2508 👋

If the images are correctly uploading to WordPress and are visible in the featured media area of the post, but aren’t displayed on the post itself I expect it would be down to one of two things:

• An issue with the permissions for uploads folder the image was added to.
  • An issue with the template file that’s preventing featured images from being displayed.

For the latter, can you try uploading an image to the post within WordPress itself to see if it then displays the image correctly? This will help to rule out whether there’s an issue with the template in which case it could be a permissions issue for images being uploaded by the Zap.

To check the permissions for the uploads folder you may need to reach out to your website’s administrator if you don’t have access.

Keen to help get to the bottom of this so please keep us updated on how you get on!

Badge

@SamB Thank you, I’m guessing it could be the template settings, I will look into this and advise if I can’t figure it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You’re welcome, @RH2508. Fingers crossed it’s an easy fix! 🤞🙂