Scenario: I am trying to set up a one-way sync from Freshdesk to Asana and have set up two zaps to accomplish the following:
- When a new ticket is created in Freshdesk > Add a task in Asana
- When a ticket is updated in Freshdesk > Update the existing task in Asana
Anything updated in Asana should not flow into Freshdesk.
- The zaps are not triggering
- Many of the Freshdesk data fields return null value
What I’ve tried/confirmed:
- Test zap: I’ve tested setting this up with 2 zaps - all of which work in testing, but they do not work once the zap is published and a new Freshdesk ticket has been created (confirming I am not trying to transfer existing freshdesk tickets, only capture new ones and it is not picking those up).
- Zap history: I have checked Zap history and see no record of the zaps triggering and failing.
- Confirmed data exists for the null Freshdesk fields: For example, with this test Freshdesk ticket/record: data exists in the Freshdesk ticket for “Description”, “Requester Name”, and “Agent Name” but it returns no data (see screenshot below). I found this post from 7 months ago that indicates a bug for the Freshdesk integration - is that what is causing my incorrect null values?
Screenshots of Zaps that are not triggering
- New Ticket in Freshdesk > Create Task in Asana
- Update Ticket in Freshdesk > Find task in Project in Asana > Update Task in Asana
Best answer by wb21View original