Best answer

Unable to find the ticket content as a data option in FreshDesk to ChatGPT Zap

• 16 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Zapier Community,

I am quite new to Zapier and have been trying to integrate chatGPT with FreshDesk to automate responses. My idea is to have freshdesk tickets as trigger so that chatGPT can respond to the content of the ticket, like a mail-parser/mail-repsonder. 

I have been trying to get chatGPT to respond to the contents of a ticket, but to my surprise I could find “ticket-content” as a data-option but only the “ticket-subject”. Does anybody know why this is or how I can fix this? 

FreshDesk ticket data:

ChatGPT data (user_message):

icon

Best answer by SamB 16 March 2023, 13:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Taylor Group

I did some digging and it looks like the field that would contain the content of the ticket is the Ticket Description field. But, there’s currently a bug with the FreshDesk integration whether that field isn’t coming through so it’s not currently possible to get the contents of the ticket. I’ve added you to the list of users affected by this so we’ll be able to notify you as soon as that bug has been fixed.

In the meantime, it looks like it’s possible to get Freshdesk to send webhooks (See: Using Webhooks in automation rules that run on ticket updates). And it seems like it’s possible to run an automation rule when a new ticket is created. So, if you’re on a paid Zapier plan (this would involve using Webhooks by Zapier which is a premium app), I’m thinking you could send a webhook from Freshdesk to a Zap that uses a Catch Hook (Webhooks by Zapier) trigger. Then you could potentially pass over the description for the ticket to ChatGPT that way.

I’ve not tested that workaround out myself so if you do manage to get it working please let me know! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hello Sam,

Firstly, thanks for the fast and informative response, we appreciate that very much. 

We have successfully created the connection between Zapier and freshdesk via the Webhook method, it works wonderfully. I can now receive the contents of a ticket in Zapier and parse it through chatGPT without a problem. We will have to use the paid premium plan but we think that it will be worth the cost.

Thanks again for the reply.

With kind regards from,
Taylor Travel Management Group

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s awesome news, @Taylor Group. Great work setting that up! 🙌 🎉🎉

And thank you so much for taking the time to come back here and confirm that the workaround does indeed allow you to access the content of the tickets now. It’s most appreciated. 

Happy Zapping! ⚡