Best answer

Failed to create a prompt in OpenAI: You exceeded your current OpenAI API quota, please check your OpenAI plan and billing details.

Hi,

I want to set up my first AI zap with OpenAI’s API, but keep on running into the same error:

This is despite that I have a paid OpenAI account. On the website, it says I have a bunch of usage left, so I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.

I’ve also tried to generate a new API key already & re-sync the account with Zapier.

Appreciate your help!

icon

Best answer by Team_Telco 24 March 2023, 18:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @spoket 

Good question.

Do you have a paid OpenAI plan?

Yes, I do have a paid OpenAI plan, but not ChatGPT plus (if that matters)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@spoket 

Does the issues still exist?

Sometimes apps put in thresholds/limits for short term usage to avoid being overused.

I am seeing the same issue on a new, free account on GPT. Was this resolved? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@wovicl 

You may need to have a paid OpenAI account.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @spoket 

I noticed that you’re using ChatGPT in particular. In this case, I would suggest using the dedicated ChatGPT Integration and see if that works.

Here’s the link for more information: https://zapier.com/apps/chatgpt/integrations

Let me know how it goes! 😊

Hi!

Thanks for the quick response. I just tried via the link you provided but still getting

Failed to create a conversation in ChatGPT

You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @wovicl,

If the suggestions didn’t work, and if you haven’t reached your quota yet, but still seeing the error, could you please reach out to the team at OpenAI? They should have more information.

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am having this issue with a paid zapier and a paid gpt plus account. There is no response from OpenAI support. I am using your Zapier GPT integration. Do you have any more suggestions?

Before Test

Error Code is 

Status Code 400 Bad Request

Last updated: 3 years ago

Problem

Your Zap is likely to be missing a required field, or a field value wasn't in a recognized format. For example, if a field in your action step is expecting an email address, but the value given is a name, the app may return a 400 error.

This seems to be an issue with the integration and possibly on the Zapier side.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Team_Telco 

Thank you for providing the screenshot of the error.

Regarding this, I would suggest reaching out to support so they can better check the error you’re encountering.

They will be able to check the Zap setup and can provide you with screenshots on where the issue is coming from.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks, I will wait to work with support. My new theory is that this is happening to anyone who is still on the API waitlist for GPT whether they have a paid account or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I did a search and I found a help article on OpenAI’s website: https://help.openai.com/en/articles/6891831-error-code-429-you-exceeded-your-current-quota-please-check-your-plan-and-billing-details

Maybe that can help some of you resolve the issue you’re encountering? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I did a search and I found a help article on OpenAI’s website: https://help.openai.com/en/articles/6891831-error-code-429-you-exceeded-your-current-quota-please-check-your-plan-and-billing-details

Maybe that can help some of you resolve the issue you’re encountering? 

That article solved it, I had GPT plus but I also needed to authorize usage payments and get a monthly quota from Open AI for API requests. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Awesome! Thanks for swinging back around to let us know your solution, @Team_Telco.

@spoket, @wovicl - do you think giving these a shot would work for ya’ll? Let us know! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Great to hear that it helped you out @Team_Telco :) Thanks for letting us know!