Question

Error: Invalid Number : X , Quickbooks Field: CustomerRef.value (note: I replaced the Customer Name with the X’

• 15 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello! I’m trying to set up a Zap to push invoices from FreshBooks to QuickBooks online. I’ve hit a roadblock when I test the Zap - “

Failed to create a create invoice in QuickBooks Online

Invalid Number: Invalid Number :  X , Quickbooks Field: CustomerRef.value (note: I replaced the Customer Name with the X’

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Any help would be much appreciated!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @tidybooks 👋🏽 Thanks for stopping by!

I’m guessing that QuickBooks is looking for a CustomerID number versus a name here. Take a look at this post and see if it’s in line with what you’re trying to achieve!

If that doesn’t do the trick, could you share some additional screenshots of your entire set up (void of any personal info) including your Trigger? TY!

Hi @tidybooks 👋🏽 Thanks for stopping by!

I’m guessing that QuickBooks is looking for a CustomerID number versus a name here. Take a look at this post and see if it’s in line with what you’re trying to achieve!

If that doesn’t do the trick, could you share some additional screenshots of your entire set up (void of any personal info) including your Trigger? TY!

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the response! I think I’ve fixed it because I’m now getting another error message instead. 🤔 

I’ve added in the tax field in the respective fields:

Not sure what I’ve missed or went wrong.

Thanks!

Ana

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for the additional screenshots @tidybooks! I did some digging online and came up with a possible solution:  

• Confirm tax settings: Double check that you have properly set up tax settings in QuickBooks Online. It should verify that the GST/HST rate is configured correctly for the transactions you are trying to process. 

Can you please give that a try and let me know what the results of this are? 

Thanks for the additional screenshots @tidybooks! I did some digging online and came up with a possible solution:  

• Confirm tax settings: Double check that you have properly set up tax settings in QuickBooks Online. It should verify that the GST/HST rate is configured correctly for the transactions you are trying to process. 

Can you please give that a try and let me know what the results of this are? 

Hi Chanelle,

I had tax set up in QBO, but I matched the name between FB and QBO and retried the Zap. Still getting the same error. 

This is the invoice in FreshBooks:

These are the sales tax codes in QBO:

Tax name pulled in the test invoice:

Tax Code chosen in the Action to create a new invoice:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @tidybooks,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Could you please send a screenshot of the “Tax” and “Tax Code” field? Those drop-down fields might be expecting a certain value just like the “Customer” field Liz_Roberts mentioned.

52dd056b33a55a9729801a8b7076f483.png
(view larger)

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hi there @tidybooks,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Could you please send a screenshot of the “Tax” and “Tax Code” field? Those drop-down fields might be expecting a certain value just like the “Customer” field Liz_Roberts mentioned.

52dd056b33a55a9729801a8b7076f483.png
(view larger)

Please keep us posted! 😊

Hi Ken!

Thanks for jumping in. Here are the screenshots for Tax:

And the screenshots for Tax Code:

Not every client will have the same tax code, as some are in different provinces or outside Canada. 

Thank you!

Ana

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @tidybooks,

Thanks for the screenshot!

It looks like the “Tax” and “Tax Code” fields are looking for a certain value which is the ID of the Tax and Tax Code.

7f69b88334b70e887c13ef32b0107bc5.png
(view larger)

With this information, I would suggest utilizing the Utilities in Formatter by Zapier - Lookup Table function. We have an in-depth guide on how to use the Lookup Table on this Community post:

Hopefully, this helps! 😊