Question

date.equals should be defined, instead was `undefined`

Show first post

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ok, that helps me understand what you’re trying to accomplish!

Here is the general flow when you’re looking to search for an item, create one if it’s not found and update it if it is found:

Trigger: Whatever your trigger is
Action: Find the Thing (and create if not found...assuming your action has this option)
Filter: Only continue if the thing is found
Action: Update the Thing

A more detailed explanation

Does this help to clarify?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @omarbortolato! 👋

Ah, yes it looks like a lot of those start date fields have fields mapped that don’t have a date as we’re seeing “No data” as the fields value from the selected Google Sheets sample:
2aa0a167bcc5b3ca542fe12ab6a1f53d.png
It might be worth changing the selected test sample from Google Sheets to see if that will give you some sample data that has a date value that you can use for testing purposes here.

Going forward, are those fields always going to be empty when the row is first added then the date is added to the row later on?

If so, it might be worth adding a column to the spreadsheet with a checkbox that you tick once it’s had the dates added. That way you can set that column as the trigger column which will get the Zap to only look at changes to information in that column. Now, that won’t stop it from triggering for brand new rows though so you’d likely need to add a filter to use a (Boolean) Is true rule that checks whether that column contains the value true (checkboxes like that will be true when ticked and false when they’re not). The downside with this is that adding a filter would make the Zap a Multi-Step Zap so if you’re not on a paid plan you’d need to upgrade to use a filter.

Can you try changing the test sample and let us know how you get on? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @omarbortolato,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I looked into the issue you mentioned, and it appears that the error is connected to the field labeled with "…filter". To better understand the situation, could you please provide another screenshot that shows the fields with "…filter" in them? It's possible that these fields require specific values, and identifying them will help us determine the cause of the error.

Please keep us posted! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @SamB 

I wanted to extend my gratitude once again for your invaluable support! I'm excited to share that I've successfully set up two separate zaps:

1. One for updates
  2. And another for item creation
Update
Item creation

I'm feeling pretty good about it, but of course, if any issues arise, I hope I won't need to trouble you further.

Thanks again!

Omar