Best answer

Cannot connect to files in Google "Shared Drives"

Userlevel 1

Dear Zap Team,

I’m trying to append text in a Google Doc with information from Monday.com Pulses. The Zap works just fine for Docs in “My Drive” but not for Docs in my company “Shared drives”. 

I followed instruction from another post (https://community.zapier.com/ask-the-community-3/new-google-drive-zap-can-t-find-shared-drives-1067) and plugged in the folder ID into the Customize Text. Again, this works for “My Drive” but not “Shared drives”.

Are there specific setting I need to adjust on the Shared drive to allow Zapier to access the files?

Thank you,

Adrian

icon

Best answer by steph.n 26 June 2020, 07:45

View original

32 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @aferg,

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.

@JammerS can you add me to this list too? REALLY odd and frustrating can’t find/share/move items on Shared drives via Zap 😶

This was ever fixed? Seems to be a issue going back ages. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Shared drives are all my org uses so we don’t lose documents in personal folders.  Is there any way to use the new Beta API as a workaround?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @ViacheslavB 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, we’ll keep you updated via email once available. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi,

+1 from me. This is a very necessary feature for us.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @spencerogden 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, we’ll keep you updated via email once available. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Please add my vote to this thread, and numerous other threads going back 2 years. The Google Drive app and the Google Sheets app both support Shared Drives. The Google Doc app does not and it is a killer. Please fix this soon, it has been a long time since Shared Drives were added as a feature, they should be supported.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @jason.lay.AM, @First Rank 

I’ve added all your votes for this feature request and we’ll update via email once available. No ETA as of the moment. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Any updates on this? The fact that we can’t append text to a document on a shared Google drive means we can’t automate our processes in the way we would like and may force us into using a different product. It’s a feature we need ASAP.

Userlevel 1

Is this feature still not available? I find this strange because there seems to be no problem with connected a google spreadsheet from a shared drive - this is specific to appending google docs?

if so, then i’d like to upvote this too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi and welcome to the Community, @Warren! :)

I’ve added your vote for this feature request. No ETA on when support for shared drives will added but we will be sure to email you as soon as it is!

I noticed today that Shared drives are supported for Sheets integration (add a row to a spreadsheet) but not yet for Created Doc from Template - Folder for new Document.) That makes it seem like shared drive support is possible. Please consider this an upvote for Shared drive support for Google Doc creation from template.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @SPEAKEASY!

I've gone ahead and added your vote for that feature. We'll let you know via email when that's been implemented.

Userlevel 1

Adding my vote to resolve the shared drive issueas well. This could be a dealbreaker for some of our users and clients. @Danvers 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jrbrandon, thanks for your message and sharing your thoughts. I’ve added you as an interested user on the request. 

Userlevel 1

Please add my vote. Shared drives seem to be here to stay and it feels like Zapier should get on this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @richemery

We don’t have any news on this update and I’ve added you to the feature request. Thank you!

Userlevel 1

I assume that this has not be updated. If that is true please add my vote to this

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@flashmcintosh - I know that must be frustrating! I have added your vote to this request and you will receive any updates from our team via email. 

Userlevel 2

Please add my vote.. sooo frustrating to lose all the zap functionality. I bet zapier is losing users by the day over this. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @tweaker!

I’ve added you to the feature request so you can receive an email notification when it’s been implemented. I’m afraid I don’t have an ETA at this time.

Userlevel 1

Would much like this feature - plus one!

Any news on the progress would be much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@amanda.s - I have added you to this feature request and you will receive any updates via email!

Userlevel 1

Plus one please. It’s so strange that I can create a doc from a template, find the doc etc inside shared drives, but can’t append text. 

has anyone found workarounds?