Best answer

AWS RDS (Mysql) problem connection

• 14 December 2020
  • 30 replies

Userlevel 1

I'm trying connect de MYSQL plugin (zapier) in my RDS Database (aws), but zapier return a error message: "authentication failed: Could not connect with **** and provided password. The response we got from the server is included below for debugging purposes. 255"

I cant find a solution for this error code.

My user, host and password are correct. And the IP 54.86.9.50/32 are enabled in my Security Group. In other integration products, the plugin works.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 18 December 2020, 14:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @pedropsb - Before we dive in more into your issue, would you be able to reconnect your app in your My Apps? Please let us know what the outcome was and we’ll go from there. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi, @steph.n 

I'm tried again, but the result can't change: "

authentication failed: Could not connect with ***** and provided password. The response we got from the server is included below for debugging purposes. 255"

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @pedropsb - Our support team will be with you shortly about the error. Please watch for their outreach in your inbox. Thanks!

@steph.n @pedropsb Was there a resolution to this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Chris Colligan!

In this case, the issue was the version of MySQL being used. Here’s what our Support Team had to say:

This kind of "255" error is MySQL's way of saying that Zapier isn't able to connect with your version of MySQL. Currently, it's not possible for Zapier to connect with MySQL versions of 8.0+

Right now, it would only be possible for Zapier to connect with a database running an earlier version of MySQL. We do have a feature request open to add compatibility with later versions, let us know if you’d like to be added to that feature request!

Hi Danvers,

Can you please also add me to the feature request as well. I am also struggling with the same.

Guys, this feature is important for us as well. Please, add us to this feature request.

We've been using Zapier for quite a long time. We upgraded our database to MySQL v8.0 and we lost a bunch of our automations performed using ZAPIER.

Does anyone know any workaround?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Maaz and @Tiago, from Cloudia.com.br!

I’ve gone and added you to the feature request, so you’ll receive an email notification when this has been implemented.

Userlevel 1

Yes please add me to the list as well. support for mysql 8+ is critical to our organization. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@augustgermar I have added you as well. 

Userlevel 1

thank you

Userlevel 1

We have the same issue, 

would be great if you add us as well. @Liz_Roberts 

Our engine version is: 8.0.20

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@uCync - You’ve been added!

@steph.n please add me to the notification list.

I’m stuck currently and looking at ways to integrate with 8

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Siggi!  Thanks for your message, I’ve added you to the feature request as well.

@Danvers Please add me to this list as well.  Is this an ETA on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @corey 

I’ve added you to the list of affected users. I don’t have an ETA on when this will be added, I’m sorry about that. 

add me too please

@Danvers Please add me to this list as well.  Is this an ETA on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @MyVirtuaLab and @Franck&Sydney - You’ve been added to the report list. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

@Danvers @steph.n please add me to the list, as well. Is there any ETA on this?

The only zaps we are using rely on MySQL connectivity. When we were forced to upgrade a few days ago for security reasons everything stopped working. Now I’m going to have to turn off my plan unless there is some kind of workaround for this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@dleight sorry you are running into this- you have been added to the list. I don’t see an ETA at the moment but you will be notified of any updates via email!

Has there been an update on this feature?We need this as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @one2ones_dev

I’ve added you to the list of affected users. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s resolved.

I don’t have an update on when this will be added but in the meantime, there is a workaround a user shared with us that you may find useful:

"We've set up a workaround for the integration using an SQL proxy, so this issue no longer has the highest priority. It would still help a lot if it were resolved so we can ditch the proxy again.

Our database is configured with "defaultauthenticationplugin=mysqlnativepassword" to ensure backward compatibility, so the connection issue cannot be caused by the authentication protocol itself. I suspect it is caused by the queries it performs after login (it selects @@txisolation which has been removed in MySQL 8.0). Remapping it via our proxy did the trick"

Please do let us know if that helps! :)

@SamB could you share some more details on how you set that proxy up and revamped the queries after login? I’d love to do that myself but have never done it before.