Best answer

Using trigger with browse AI

• 26 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi, feels like a stupid question but here it is. When does my robot run, must I press the robot run task?

I have integrated with Zapier and when I build from the Browser AI site I get the trigger namned "Executed Task in Browse AI".

When I build frpm Zapier its namned "Execute Task in Browse AI".

Almost the same but there is a difference of course. I can´t do Executed task... after another trigger. Executed task... gives me the best result for some reason.

What I whant to build is that every thursday morning every week it will get the data from Bowser AI and use it to eventually send a mejl.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Humle Ek 23 April 2024, 17:08

View original

6 replies

Sorry for taking so long to answer, I took another approach and did a monitoring service in the Browse AI app. And now the trigger part works really fine!

So the problem whas never in Zapier.

But it seems my problem is more that when I use browser AI execute task I get the wrong result or a very messy one. Ii always get old data as well...

When I use Browser AI for trigger and use executed task I get a very good result, exactly what I whant. But now Browser AI is the trigger.

When I change it, like you described, so that I have a trigger with scheduling with Zapier and the use execute in Browse AI Iam back to having bad result from Browser AI again.

Seems to me that there is a big difference if I use executed task or execute task in Browse AI.

I hope I explained my problem better for you and really hope you can help me out.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Humle Ek 

We would need to see how each Zap step is configured to have more context along with a specific example of what you expected to happen vs the real results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Humle Ek 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

I guess my question is how can I trigger this zap every thursday morning, everything else works well.

The entire zap
Executes Task

I can´t seem to put a trigger in front of this this. If I change the trigger to Shedule by Zapier then I can´t use Executed Task in Browser AI again, only Execute Task...And I dont get the same scrape result as in Executed...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Humle Ek 

If you want to run a Zap on a schedule, then the Zap trigger step would need to use the Schedule app: https://zapier.com/apps/schedule/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Otherwise, you’d need to try to configure a native schedule in the app being used as the Zap trigger.