Question

What filter or delay is appropriate for Hubstaff Stop Timers notification?

• 24 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello! So we are trying to create this automation whereby Hubstaff activity gets sent to a certain Slack channel. That includes starting & stopping their timers.

Inside Hubstaff, our team members can switch among different tasks and projects whichever they are currently working on. So they need to press a button whenever they are on a meeting, or doing a certain project, or on a sales call, you know what I mean.

My problem is, when a team member switches to a different task, Slack tags it as them stopping their timer, when in fact they did not. They just switched tasks. As a result, our slack channel gets flooded with “this person started and stopped their timer”, it can really get crowded as we have 25 members.

What I want to happen is that we only want to see “stopped timer” notifications if timer has been stopped for more than 5 minutes and not when they are just switching task.

Is this possible? Been trying to crack this for the last 2 hours. Thanks a bunch to whoever can help.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @trixymarie ,

Can you share the screenshot of the Zap that you have already created on Zapier? 

Sure, here goes! @jayeshkumarbhatia

I tried to delay it for 3 mins, hoping that if it detects my timer is still running, it wont send a slack message.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @trixymarie ,

You will have to make custom API calls with Hubstaff API to build this.

I will highly suggest you to hire a Zapier Certified Expert from here who can you help you with this.