Best answer

New Chat Message in Microsoft Teams - can you set it up to work in multiple channels?

Userlevel 1

Hi

Thanks for this.

I’m looking at an auto responder in Teams chat that turns on at my end of work day that reminds people that I have a life outside of the office. 

There are a few people that message me even though I remind them I have finished for the day.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Hi there Scott! It looks like our blog mentions on how to create an auto-responder for when you’re mentioned. How are your coworkers reaching you when you are receiving these messages? Are they DM-ing you? I think our guide to create an auto-responder works when/if your username is mentioned only. Let us know and we’ll see if there’s a solution on how to help handle this!

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for the great guide

I’m trying to create a similar zap but to send an auto reply whenever a user DM’s me on Teams. I use the “New Chat Message in Microsoft Teams” trigger for that. The problem is I have to choose a specific chat in the set up trigger step. Is there a way to make this work for all chats without the need to clone the same zap for each and every user who’s DM-ing me?

Thanks for help!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 6 June 2022, 13:04

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Glonir!

Thanks for your question! Unfortunately it’s not currently possible to set the New Chat Message trigger to work for across all Chats. We do have a feature request for that addition to the Microsoft Teams integration and I've added your email address as another vote for this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality. 

I am also looking for the same, as all of our end users are contacting me through teams where in they can login tickets in our support portal so i want to auto reply for all users like directing them to raise support ticket.

Auto reply to any new messages in Teams with custom sentence.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Deepak NuCorp 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll notify you via email once there is an update regarding the submission. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Also looking for this :)

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @John Bogart, @Vulcan and @weileon 👋

Sorry we missed your messages previously @John Bogart and @Vulcan! I just checked on the feature request and it appears to have since been closed as the team have decided not to pursue the feature request at this time. If anything changes on that front we’ll be sure to reach out here to let you all know!

I’m not super familiar with Microsoft Teams but would it be possible to get an email notification every time there’s a new chat message sent to you? If so perhaps as a workaround, you could forward those emails to an Email Parser mailbox and set up a Zap to trigger whenever a new forwarded email is received. You can learn more about using Email Parser here: Trigger Zaps from new parsed emails.

If anyone here gives that a try and gets it working please do let us know, would love to hear from you! 🙂