Best answer

MS Teams add user/channel mention to messages

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am trying to add a channel mention to a Microsoft Teams channel. I see for Slack, the format may be something like <@User>, but I cannot seem to be able to do that with Teams. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Lars 2 October 2020, 20:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @qwerty.SK ,

Thanks for reaching out!

To make sure we understand your workflow, could you share a screenshot of your configuration with your Trigger and Action?

This integration article on Microsoft Teams + Slack may be handy to check out as well!

Will be on the lookout for your reply!

Userlevel 1

Hi @qwerty.SK ,

Thanks for reaching out!

To make sure we understand your workflow, could you share a screenshot of your configuration with your Trigger and Action?

This integration article on Microsoft Teams + Slack may be handy to check out as well!

Will be on the lookout for your reply!

Hello Liz,

I am not looking to integrate integrate Teams + Slack. I am integrating ConnectWise Manage with Teams. The issue is not really with any of the integrations, I just cannot find the syntax or method to add a mention in the action as pointed out in the last screenshot. 

Trigger:

Action:

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@qwerty.SK - Unfortunately, @ mentions are not supported right now.

I’ve flagged this so a Zapier staffer can add this as a feature request for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @qwerty.SK!

As @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu said, @ mentions aren’t currently supported by the Microsoft Teams Zapier integration, sorry about that. We do have a feature request open for this I've added you as another vote for this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality. 

+1 For this. Could my vote also be added and be added to get an email when available

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ScoutTG - of course! I’ve added you as an interested user on that feature request.

Userlevel 1

Hi @ScoutTG - of course! I’ve added you as an interested user on that feature request.

+ 1 for  @ mentions in ms teams

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @PCHW!

I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for that feature request as well :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

The HTML code for an @mention is:

<span itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.skype.com/Mention" data-itemprops="{&quot;mri&quot;:&quot;8:orgid:8684f9bd-99c3-42f8-8330-74856a5e3888&quot;,&quot;mentionType&quot;:&quot;person&quot;}" person-card="" class="at-mentions-focus person-card-hover" tabindex="0" role="link" aria-haspopup="true" aria-label="@Barnaby Ellis" acc-role-dom="clickable">Barnaby Ellis</span>

Where the orgid is the name unquie thing you need to look up outside of zapier. 

When I try this in a message composed in Zapier it strip our a lot of the html.. specifically data-itemprops=” “

Any reason for this?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @chriswright ,

Thanks for sharing that tip. At the time, we didn’t support Markdown or XML when posting to Channels, but now we do! That means your workaround might work, meanwhile, we’re updating our new app to support @mentions directly too.

You can read about the latest update here

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Lars thanks for the update. I tried my markup again and still doesn’t work. Look forward to proper mention support. 

Userlevel 1

Just arrived here looking for a solution for this precise problem, how to make @<user> mentions work with Zapier->Teams. Disappointed is not supported, in hope it get implemented soon. Please add my request to the pile. Looking forward to have some good news soon...

Userlevel 1

Just arrived here looking for a solution for this precise problem, how to make @<user> mentions work with Zapier->Teams. Disappointed is not supported, in hope it get implemented soon. Please add my request to the pile. Looking forward to have some good news soon...

+1 for this features

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi all 👋

We’re happy to announce that today we launched support for mentioning users when posting to channels. It’s available to all Teams users that have the Zapier app installed in Teams

To mention team members, put their display name, email, or userID between “at” tags. For example, you could use <at>Jane Doe</at>, <at>jane.doe@example.com</at>, or <at>jane-doe-user-id</at> to mention a team member "Jane Doe".

Hope that works well—please let us know if you have any feedback or further suggestions!

Hi there,

I’ve tried utilizing this @ funciton on my own Zap for Teams and it still doesn’t seem to be working. I’ve tried all different permutations as outlined in the comment above me and it just spits out plain text without tagging the user. I’ve added Zapier to our Teams account and even tried making the edits within the Zapier app in Teams but still get the same results. Any suggestions?

Userlevel 1

hi @Lars , I’m just trying to also setup a zap from LiveChat to Teams now, while I can get the zap to post in the channel I’d like it to tag the channel to force a pop-up notification.

I’ve tried variations of the <at>jane-doe-user-id</at> syntax you mentioned, such as 

Channel name : “Live Chat”

Created tag group : “support”

<at>live-chat-channel-id</at>  

<at>support</at>

<at>support-user-id</at>

<at>@channel</at>

etc… but nothing seems to work. I can’t seem to find any other suggested syntax for tagging the channel or the team. 

Any suggestions? Thank you

Userlevel 1

Sorry just realised this thread was marked as SOLVED, so rather than necro I’ll create a fresh one.

Hi all 👋

We’re happy to announce that today we launched support for mentioning users when posting to channels. It’s available to all Teams users that have the Zapier app installed in Teams

To mention team members, put their display name, email, or userID between “at” tags. For example, you could use <at>Jane Doe</at>, <at>jane.doe@example.com</at>, or <at>jane-doe-user-id</at> to mention a team member "Jane Doe".

Hope that works well—please let us know if you have any feedback or further suggestions!

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Joseph Moore! Thanks for reaching out!

Are you looking to tag an individual user or a team/channel?

If it’s the latter, this isn’t currently supported but it is an open feature request! Here’s a related topic regarding this:

If it’s the former (tagging an individual) can you share a screenshot (with any personal details removed) of your zap setup of this step? That may help us troubleshoot with you a bit more!

Thanks so much!

Hey Christina, here’s an example: