Best answer

I'm unable to publish my Zap draft

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

47 replies

Userlevel 1

A work-around that works for me is to duplicate the zap. You can then make edits in the duplicated zap and it lets you publish them.

Same, I duplicated the draft and cannot still publish. It only gives option to save and exit draft. 

Just want to add to this thread to encourage Zapier to take action - I have the same issue with being unable to publish edited zaps and being stuck with unpublished drafts. @Zapier, please fix this asap, it’s an f*ing nightmare to work with your tool like this...

Same here. I just signed up for Zapier with my new company and all of this edit draft business is such a pain in the ‘aristotle’. What are you thinking Zapier to publish a feature that has this terrible bug??? Fix this ASAP.

Your dev team should not have published this ‘draft’ issue into PRODUCTION. Very amateur and is causing a load of issues.

What’s the ETA on being able to confidently use Zapier?????

I just followed Dcanosa’s recommendation and it worked for me.

Thanks for sharing. It’s a workaround. Triggering a status update in the back end of Zapier by turning off the Zap and starting it again.

Apparently the support team is out this week on a retreat. “Slower than usual wait times.”

This is rough. What are we supposed to do?

@JWS thanks -- apparently I have TWO problems… the Publish problem, and second, I’m asking for too many tasks.

From what I can tell you’ve solved my publishing problem.

Now I have to figure out how to get more tasks in a reasonable way.

I’m hunting for that solution now.

But meanwhile, thank you for solving the publish problem.

And ditto to the “submit a ticket” nonsense. Ridiculous.

Same issue here. I just edited a zap and the publish button is grayed out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I’m really sorry for the frustration with this feature, I know that it sucks when you just want to do your thing and an app gets in the way!

@Annemiekevh Could I ask you to get in touch with the Support Team using the Get Help form? They will be able to take a closer look at your Zaps with you and see if there’s anything that we can do to help. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MikeTak 

Good question.

Can you post screenshots of what you are seeing so we have more context?

Userlevel 1

I dont know if they fixed something, but now there is a “Ready to Publish” suggestion at the bottom of the active zappier window. 

Happy Zapping :)

I dont know if they fixed something, but now there is a “Ready to Publish” suggestion at the bottom of the active zappier window. 

Happy Zapping :)

Unfortunately not with my Zaps :/

I am having the same issues as indicated above.  I cannot run the zap and there is no way to get it to publish.

Any updates on this? Having the same issue - the first three had the publish option but the last one doesn’t!?

SAME.

Did anyone find a solution?

THIS DID NOT WORK: 

JWS wrote:

@MikeTak Was having the same problem, here’s what worked for me:

Turn Zap OFF in main menu, before editing the Zap Go into Zap of interest, click “Edit” Wait for all information to load - Zapier is running REAL slow after this newest update “Save draft and exit” Use the button at the top of the individual Zap menu to turn back on, should have an option for “Publish draft and enable” (or something close to that, I forget the exact words)

@MikeTak Was having the same problem, here’s what worked for me:

1. Turn Zap OFF in main menu, before editing the Zap
  2. Go into Zap of interest, click “Edit”
  3. Wait for all information to load - Zapier is running REAL slow after this newest update
  4. “Save draft and exit”
  5. Use the button at the top of the individual Zap menu to turn back on, should have an option for “Publish draft and enable” (or something close to that, I forget the exact words)

This worked for me! Hope Zapier fixes this ASAP though… Lost half an hour finding for a solution

I’m also seeing this issue. Zap has been edited and tested, but there is no ability to publish it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JWS Thanks for posting something that worked for you, I really appreciate you finding something that will work for some folks. 

We’re asking users to submit a ticket to the Support Team because we know that in some cases this issue is caused by a bug or if it’s due to a user not understanding something about the way that drafts work. The Support Team can take a look at your Zaps with you in a way that we can’t do in the Community and so are in the best position to identify whether someone is running into the bug or need some help using the drafts feature. 

I do understand that it’s frustrating that the feature isn’t working in the way that you’d expect and I know that our team is looking at a) resolving any bugs and b) making it more clear if a Zap draft wont publish for other reasons (eg if the draft hasn’t been changed from the original or if a user has reached the maximum number of Zaps that they’re allowed on their plan). Thanks for your patience!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @donnab, @PJ.Gaenir, @vanessa and @DwayneRoberts! Thanks for hopping into the thread and I’m sorry that you’re having problems with draft Zaps.

As @christina.d mentioned, the best thing to do here is to get in touch with the Support Team using the Get Help Form. The Support Team can dig into your Zaps and all of the back end logs with you to better understand what might be happening in your case. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@fotorecordprintcenter, @OneWorldCourier and @davebsinger I know that this is really frustrating and I’m sorry that we don’t have an update on this issue. Could I please ask you to contact the support team using the Get Help form? The Team may be able to help you with this, and if not each and every user added to the issue report lets the dev team know how many folks are being affected by the issue. Thank you!

Same issue here, can’t publish. Never had this problem before. Have you found a solution?

I have tried all of the tricks people have posted here (thank you so much for the research, you’re quicker to respond than zapier 😅) but nothing works. Half of my zaps are still unpublished and my workflow is totally stuck….. 

Zapier needs to come up with a solution asap, I think I will be moving on to a competitor, I cannot afford to wait, my zaps are unpublished since 7 days !