Best answer

How to trigger for specific phrase in Intercom then create/reply to ticket in Zendesk?

• 30 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi

We are looking to create a new Zap with the following scenario.

• Customer talks to Intercom chatbot “I want to raise an issue”, then the conversation would be converted into a new ticket in Zendesk.
  • Customer talks to Intercom chatbot “I want to see my ongoing tickets”, then he can see Zendesk ticket status in the Intercom chatbot 

Is this something we can do with a Zap? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by SamB 30 March 2022, 11:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @jun!

While there isn’t a specific trigger for when a user types in a certain phrase, there is a Tag Added to Conversation trigger. It appears that it’s possible to set up rules in Intercom that would automatically tag conversations. So I’m thinking that you could potentially set up a rule to add a particular tag to a conversation when “I want to raise an issue” is typed. Which could then trigger a Zap that uses the Create Ticket Zendesk action to open a new ticket.

Then, in theory, the same approach could also be used to trigger a Zap when someone types “I want to see my ongoing tickets”. That said, I’m not seeing a “Reply to Conversation” action for Intercom so it won’t be possible to then send the user a link to view their current ticket status.

There is a feature request open for the ability to reply to conversations though so I’ve added your vote for that. I don’t have any estimates as to when it will be added but we’ll notify you via email as soon as it is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jun 

Good question.

Check out the available Zap triggers/actions for each app…

Intercom: https://zapier.com/apps/intercom/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Zendesk: https://zapier.com/apps/zendesk/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thanks for sharing the above resource links.

I find my case need to start with Intercom trigger for customer’s input in Intercom conversation, but cannot find a trigger for it. There are only trigger for new conversation and closed conversation. Could you please advise more on this?