Question

How to create folder in Google Drive with dynamic variable name and save files there?

• 30 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have a relatively simple Zap structure. First, I recieve some files from a wordpress website, using webhooks. Among the files, there is also a unique variable for every submitted form, serving as an id. In the second step, a folder with that id variable value is created. In the third step, I want to save the files in that recently created folder, using the same id variable.

The problem is, if I just try to use that variable as a folder name, google drive can’t find that folder, as it has to be using a code like this 1H895w_I71CS9ThlVcE2SstraeSP9AHfm, not the initial folder name. Therefore, selecting that variable as a folder name achieves nothing.

If you have further context questions, feel free to ask. I appreciate any help.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Daniel Kozak 

In Step 3, map the ID of the Folder from Step 2.

The Folder field expects a GDrive Folder ID.

Help: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Daniel Kozak, welcome to the Community! 😁

Just wanted to check in quickly to see how things are going. Were you able to get it fixed by selecting the ID of the folder that’s created by the previous step, as Troy suggested? 

Happy to assist further if you’re running into any further issues here - keen to ensure you’re all set! 🙂