Question

How do I update Pardot Prospect without changing the campaign?

• 13 April 2022
  • 3 replies

QUESTION: Does anyone know of there is a workaround so Pardot Prospect Campaign is not updated by Zapier for matching/existing Prospects?

DETAILS: I have a Pardot Zaps that searches for an existing Prospect in Pardot, and if a match is found, update the prospect.  And if a match is not found, create a new Prospect.

When a Prospect is matched, and the Prospect is to be updated, the UI forces you to pick a Campaign or uses the oldest campaign it find.  

In Pardot, it is important for the Campaign to NOT be updated in matched Prospects.  Campaign in Pardot is a measure of First Touch.  But Zapier seems to have no option but to overwrite the Campaign.

ZAP:  The specific zap is an ON24 to Pardot Zap for Registrants (and a matching one for Attendees).

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @bkeith! Just wanted to check in and see if you were still looking for some help with this?

I can see you’re currently chatting with my friends in support as well. Definitely keep us posted if ya’ll are able to come to a solution together! We’d love to know. 🤗

Hi Christina,

Yes, I am still looking for support on this.  Haven’t received a response from support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh no, @bkeith! Sorry to hear that.

I took a quick peek and can see they did send a respond on the 12th. If you're not seeing a response, I recommend checking your spam/junk folder in case it’s ended up there by an overzealous filter. If it's not there it might be worth searching your whole email inbox for emails ending in ‘@zapier.com’.

Here’s also a quick write up on other steps to consider: https://community.zapier.com/tips-and-inspiration-5/are-you-having-trouble-receiving-emails-from-zapier-842

Hope that helps! 🙂