Best answer

How do I create projects in Clockify when new projects are created in Jira?

• 20 March 2020
  • 5 replies

I want a new project created in Clockify when a new project is created in Jira.  But the triggers for Jira are only task/issue related that I see.  (New to Zapier, day 2)

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 July 2023, 17:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Build Labs 

On Jira there is a “New Project" trigger:

(bottom left)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Build Labs

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu is right that if you’re using Jira Software Server, you can use the ‘New Project Trigger’ to trigger a Zap whenever a new project is added in Jira. 

Could I double check whether you’re using a self-hosted version of Jira or one hosted by Atlassian? I ask because there are two different Zapier integrations:

1. Jira Software Server is for users with a self-hosted instance of Jira. 
  2. Jira Software Cloud is for users with an Atlassian-hosted instance of Jira. 

Jira Software Sever has the New Project Trigger, wheras Jira Software Cloud doesn’t. 

Hello Danvers,
We are on Jira Software Cloud.  So, it looks perhaps as if the API doesn’t exist yet?

JD

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Build Labs - We do have a feature request open for adding a New Project trigger to Jira Software Cloud. I've added you as another vote for this addition - we use these feature lists to prioritise updates to the integrations which we maintain. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if we add it in the future. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey friends, just wanted to share a small update here. 👋

The team has decided not to pursue the feature request for adding a New Project trigger to the Jira Software Cloud app at this time.

As a workaround it might be worth looking into setting up a webhook on Jira to be sent when a new project is added. Then you’d use a Catch Hook (Webhooks by Zapier) trigger which would run whenever Jira sends a webhook to it. It’s a bit advanced but if you’d like to learn more about how to set that up I’d recommend checking out the following guides:

Thanks for your patience and please do reach out in Community again if you have any other questions at all!