Best answer

How do I create projects in Clockify when new projects are created in Jira?

• 20 March 2020
  • 5 replies

I want a new project created in Clockify when a new project is created in Jira.  But the triggers for Jira are only task/issue related that I see.  (New to Zapier, day 2)

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 July 2023, 17:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey friends, just wanted to share a small update here. 👋

The team has decided not to pursue the feature request for adding a New Project trigger to the Jira Software Cloud app at this time.

As a workaround it might be worth looking into setting up a webhook on Jira to be sent when a new project is added. Then you’d use a Catch Hook (Webhooks by Zapier) trigger which would run whenever Jira sends a webhook to it. It’s a bit advanced but if you’d like to learn more about how to set that up I’d recommend checking out the following guides:

Thanks for your patience and please do reach out in Community again if you have any other questions at all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Build Labs - We do have a feature request open for adding a New Project trigger to Jira Software Cloud. I've added you as another vote for this addition - we use these feature lists to prioritise updates to the integrations which we maintain. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if we add it in the future. :)

Hello Danvers,
We are on Jira Software Cloud.  So, it looks perhaps as if the API doesn’t exist yet?

JD

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Build Labs

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu is right that if you’re using Jira Software Server, you can use the ‘New Project Trigger’ to trigger a Zap whenever a new project is added in Jira. 

Could I double check whether you’re using a self-hosted version of Jira or one hosted by Atlassian? I ask because there are two different Zapier integrations:

1. Jira Software Server is for users with a self-hosted instance of Jira. 
  2. Jira Software Cloud is for users with an Atlassian-hosted instance of Jira. 

Jira Software Sever has the New Project Trigger, wheras Jira Software Cloud doesn’t. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Build Labs 

On Jira there is a “New Project" trigger:

(bottom left)