Best answer

Google Tasks error connecting to Zapier

• 25 February 2021
  • 34 replies

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone!

I can see that this is a recently reported bug when connected Zapier to Google Tasks, I’m sorry that it’s affecting your Zaps!

@kurashu, @Zapage @jfsevilla and @kgrrgrr If you weren’t already listed as an affected user on the bug, I’ve added you now. That means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update. 

Same problem to me connecting google task and Microsoft To Do. Loging to Microsoft To Do w/o problems, no way to log to google task : The app returned "Invalid grant_type:".

Same issue here! Seems like it might be a wider issue. Got the error "Oh, foo. Zapier could not connect to your account. The app returned "Invalid grant_type:"." Kinda miffed to be paying for Zapier to have it not integrate with a basic Google app.

Hello, same issue here, tried with a different account, same error.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Also tried on Private browser and signed in (same in other browser, both updated).

I will try via phone and tomorrow via a Mac (am on PC).

Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@kurashu

Try authenticating in a private browser and/or a different browser (and make sure your browsers are updated), as well as on a different device.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone , thanks, I sent them a ticket. Let’s see if they can help.

Hey @robschmidt , I failed to mentioned that I did try with a secondary Google account, but got the same error.

I have no access to a G Suite account as this is all for personal use. 

Zapier doesn’t even reach Google Tasks to add it as a connection and pull any info from it.

Only connection I have so far is with Todoist.

The process I use is click “Add connection” and choose Google Tasks

After choosing the Google account I want to use it gives me this message (in the same window)

That’s it. I can try and try again, but same error on both account. I even tried another browser.

Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @kurashu,

This seems to be an issue with your Google Account, in this case, try using another Google Account if you have access to any, a G suite account is preferred.

If the other account connects then there might be something wrong with your initial account’s API permission, possibly in the Google Console page https://console.developers.google.com/

The invalid grant is also a code-malformed-error type error, so make sure whatever you are supplying in the Google task title, and in other fields do not contain unexpected characters or malformed data. Make sure to read this Get Started guide: https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-get-started-google-tasks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @kurashu 

If you’re still having an issue authenticating/connecting GTasks to Zapier, then you can open a ticket with Zapier Support here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help