Best answer

Email address in Jotform not being sent to AgileCRM

• 16 February 2021
  • 19 replies

I’m trying to connect JotForm to AgileCRM.

When a user fills out a form in JotForm, I need Zapier to Add the user to Campaign. The apps are connected, the Campaign in AgileCRM is recognized, but when I test the Action, I get the error:

Subscriber Email empty (required)

I’ve tried:
Formatting: Convert to lowercase, Find Email.
Neither of them made any difference.

Please help!

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by SamB 14 July 2021, 12:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @nmp 

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap step is configured.

Make sure to select a sample record from the trigger step that has a value for the Email field.

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,
I didn’t see a sample record that I could choose, so I chose the form in JotForm that I want connected.
Here are the screenshots.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@nmp

Are you collecting Email address on the JotForm?

For step 2, what data point do you have mapped from Step 1 for the email field?

Can you provide a screenshot of that?

@Troy Tessalone 

I’m not sure if I understand, ,”...data point...from Step 1 for the email field?”

Here are screenshots from Step 2 that I hope will give you the answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@nmp 

You need to show screenshots of the substeps for the AgileCRM steps after clicking the Continue button.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@nmp 

Check out these help articles for configuring your trigger/action steps

https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action

https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-trigger

There doesn’t seem to be any new information in the links besides the steps I’m already taking.

To answer your earlier question, yes, there is a required email field in the form in JotForm.

Here are more screenshots -  these are from all the steps involved in Trigger and Action steps:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@nmp

The reason for the error is because the sample trigger record being used has “No data” for the email address.

The email address is a required field for the chosen action step, hence the error when testing.

Try selecting a different sample record to use from the trigger step: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Well, all the forms have email as required.  It’s the same error for the 5 different forms I tried.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@nmp

Check this help article: https://zapier.com/help/doc/jotform-values-are-missing-or-incorrect

Make sure you are able to locate the email address value in the data provided from the trigger step.

Make sure you have the correct Email field mapped to the actions steps.

Try submitting a form then pulling thru that sample record to use from the trigger step.

@Troy Tessalone 

The information in the link isn’t relevant for my issue.

Response to your suggestions above:

1. Email address value is there and I can select it.

2.  Correct Email field? Are there more than one email field that would let me select an incorrect Email field? I only see one. In my form, there is only one Email field.

3. Created a new form, submitted it (the form works as it should), and used that form for the trigger step. Now Zapier can’t even find the submission! I submitted the form half-an-hour ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@nmp

Can you show a screenshot from the trigger step where you see the email address in the data returned from the JotForm?

You should be able to see something similar to this:

@Troy Tessalone 

Well, when using the new form, Zapier “...couldn’t find a submission,” so I can’t show a screenshot of the email field.

When I use the other forms, we’re back to the original issue of “Required field, ‘subscribe_email’ is missing.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@nmp

Have you published your JotForm?

Have you submitted a sample form for the JotForm connected to the trigger step of the Zap?

Try the [Load More] button on the trigger step to pull in newer sample submissions to manually configure your Zap and test with.

@Troy Tessalone

1. As mentioned earlier, I created a new form, tested it to make sure it works (it does), so that means, yes, I’ve published the JotForm, and submitted it, and it works. I know it works because the person that was sent to received it. The person submitting the form received a confirmation of submission.

2. Load More button on the trigger: I’ve selected another submission of the form, and this one does not have any data either - the Email field is not even showing, not any of the other fields in the form. See screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@nmp 

Check your JotForm app authentication here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Perhaps try to reauthenticate your JotForm app.

Otherwise, I suggest opening a ticket with Zapier Support to troubleshoot further with you: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

@Troy Tessalone 

Ok. Thanks for staying with me for hours on end on this issue! I appreciate all your suggestions, and I’ll contact support.

Have a good week!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@nmp 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here for anyone that’s also not receiving email addresses from from Jotform. There are a few things that we’d recommend checking:

• Make sure the email address was added in JotForm as sometimes users may omit these details.
  • If the email addresses aren’t always filled out, try changing the field to be a required field in JotForm.
  • If a default sample was loaded in or no values are present in the selected form submission sample, try loading in a brand new sample. 

We can also see issues with missing information if HIPPA is enabled. If you’ve got HIPPA enabled then you may want to check out this related thread:

If the above suggestions don’t help to get the field values coming in from JotForm then you’ll want to get in touch with our Support team so that they can take a closer look at your Zaps. The best way to reach them is via the Get Help form. :)