Best answer

Create an Asana project zap for a specific template

Show first post
This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

118 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi everyone,

While it isn't part of the native Zapier integration, we have set up a number of zaps for clients which look at duplicating an Asana Project utilising the Webhook by Zapier app to make a POST request to Asana for duplicating.

We have had clients first create a base project design that they would like duplicated, then use the native Zapier Asana action of 'Find Project' to bring back the project ID

Using the webhook by zapier step, you can then send a POST request to duplicate the project and assign it to an Asana team.

The post URL would have the following form:

https://app.asana.com/api/1.0/projects/[project ID]/duplicate

An example body payload would look like below and simply needs the generated API token as an authorisation header:

{ "data": { "include": [ "task_assignee" ], "name": "Test Team Name Project", "team": "1111111111" } }

While having this part of the native Zapier interface would be an easier option, using their API as as a current workaround is a workable option.

If you need any additional information feel free to reach out any time.

Regards, Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @DiversiFi Capital! :)

I’ve added your vote to the feature request. We’ll be sure to email you as soon as its added!

Please add me as well! Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @MratioT!

I wish I could tell you that I have updates to report, but I’m afraid I don’t :( It’s still an existing feature request that we’re adding votes for (I added yours, by the way). As a workaround, you could look into using the Asana API to duplicate an existing project: https://developers.asana.com/docs/duplicate-a-project.

We have a couple of Community articles that touch upon using the Asana API:

Hope that helps!

Hey Is there any update on this feature?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Chris-Datatank, I’ve added you to that feature request. Thanks!

Hi,

I’d also be very interested in this feature if/when it is added and would appreciate any updates.

Thanks,

Chris

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Careful Feet Digital You’ve been added to receive updates!

Hi, 

Please add us to any update on this.

Thanks!

CFD

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @robbyrussell, I just added your vote to the list. We’ll be sure to notify you if this is something we add in the future.

+1 for this

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Bobbop and @Bobby-MASON 

I've added your email address as another vote for this addition. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if it does become a reality!

Yes add me too.  This makes so much sense.  Create new project in Asana with a keyword to correlate to which template to use.  Keep us Posted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Reza!

I’ve added you to the list as well :)

Please add me as well, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Bobbop and @Bobby-MASON!

You’ve both been added to the feature request :)

Userlevel 1

Please add me to this feature request. Is there any update on whether this will be taken up by the developers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Bobbop @Bobby-MASON you have both been added!

Please add me as well, thanks!

Hi can you add me too please. Would help a lot.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @vmityul, thanks for your message! I’ve made sure that you are added to that feature request 🙂

Can you add me to this feature request as well? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@tom.maxwell - thank you for the additional context. I have added your vote to this feature request and you will receive any updates via email!

Hi there, please add me to this feature request too. This one would be huge. our own product is integrated with Zapier and having a project created from a template action would unlock thousands of our customers’ workflows. Our app (Practice Ignition) is a proposal tool, amongst other things. We have native integrations with other workflow solutions that deploy whole jobs and tasks, but Asana is well used within our niche, so this would be huge. Not only that, we’d use this action internally to run our own projects.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @leanneoperations thanks for your message, I’ve added you as an interested user on that feature request.