Best answer

Can you synchronize databases between HubSpot and Notion?

• 16 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I want to synchronize the deal database in HubSpot with the database in Notion.

To achieve this, I want to create a system where a new item is added to the Notion database whenever a "new deal" is created in HubSpot, and if either the HubSpot or Notion database is updated, the other non-updated database is updated (synchronized) as well. Is it possible to create such a system using Zapier?

I tried it, but I couldn't add additional properties to the default properties available from new deals, so I couldn't create the data I want to pass to Notion. For example, "deal stage" and "deal owner (name)."

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 17 April 2024, 06:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mkuni 

You should not need Step 2, as that is redundant.

Make sure to select the additional properties to retrieve.

Make sure to test with a New Deal that has values populated for those fields.

FYI the reason for the error is because you need to select an option from the dropdown list.

Thank you for helpful reply @Troy Tessalone !

I didn’t know that Zapier does not support two-way syncing between apps.

I apologize for the basic question, but could you guide me through the steps to achieve the following? (I'm attaching a screenshot of the Zap I'm currently setting up, and sorry some parts are in Japanese.)

1. When a New Deal is created in HubSpot, add an item to a Notion database.
  2. When there are changes to Deal Properties in HubSpot, reflect these in the Notion database.

I am currently trying to set this up while referring to the link below. However, like the question asked there, the properties I want to retrieve are available in the options during the initial New Deal step, but they do not appear in the test record, which is causing me issues.
https://community.zapier.com/troubleshooting-99/additional-hubspot-properties-not-getting-retrieved-26743

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mkuni 

Help: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/does-zapier-support-two-way-syncing

Does Zapier support two-way syncing?

No. Zapier does not support two-way syncing between apps right now.

Think of Zaps like 1-way workflows.

In certain scenarios, you can fake two-way syncing by setting up 2 different Zaps that perform opposite actions.

For instance, you could have one Zap that creates a new spreadsheet row for every new contact created and another that creates a new contact for every new spreadsheet row.

miscEye icon Note

Be careful not to create a Zap Loop. Learn how to avoid Zap loops.