Best answer

Can you synchronize databases between HubSpot and Notion?

• 16 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I want to synchronize the deal database in HubSpot with the database in Notion.

To achieve this, I want to create a system where a new item is added to the Notion database whenever a "new deal" is created in HubSpot, and if either the HubSpot or Notion database is updated, the other non-updated database is updated (synchronized) as well. Is it possible to create such a system using Zapier?

I tried it, but I couldn't add additional properties to the default properties available from new deals, so I couldn't create the data I want to pass to Notion. For example, "deal stage" and "deal owner (name)."

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 17 April 2024, 06:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mkuni 

Help: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/does-zapier-support-two-way-syncing

Does Zapier support two-way syncing?

No. Zapier does not support two-way syncing between apps right now.

Think of Zaps like 1-way workflows.

In certain scenarios, you can fake two-way syncing by setting up 2 different Zaps that perform opposite actions.

For instance, you could have one Zap that creates a new spreadsheet row for every new contact created and another that creates a new contact for every new spreadsheet row.

miscEye icon Note

Be careful not to create a Zap Loop. Learn how to avoid Zap loops.

Thank you for helpful reply @Troy Tessalone !

I didn’t know that Zapier does not support two-way syncing between apps.

I apologize for the basic question, but could you guide me through the steps to achieve the following? (I'm attaching a screenshot of the Zap I'm currently setting up, and sorry some parts are in Japanese.)

1. When a New Deal is created in HubSpot, add an item to a Notion database.
  2. When there are changes to Deal Properties in HubSpot, reflect these in the Notion database.

I am currently trying to set this up while referring to the link below. However, like the question asked there, the properties I want to retrieve are available in the options during the initial New Deal step, but they do not appear in the test record, which is causing me issues.
https://community.zapier.com/troubleshooting-99/additional-hubspot-properties-not-getting-retrieved-26743

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mkuni 

You should not need Step 2, as that is redundant.

Make sure to select the additional properties to retrieve.

Make sure to test with a New Deal that has values populated for those fields.

FYI the reason for the error is because you need to select an option from the dropdown list.