Question

Additional Hubspot Properties Not Getting Retrieved

• 25 August 2023
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m trying to create a Zap utilizing Hubspot properties beyond what Zapier would normally pull. While the properties do show up in the list of “Additional properties to retrieve”, they do not show up in the list of “Properties to retrieve” even after refreshing the fields, and the new properties can’t be used in any following steps. This seems to be happening with every additional property, no matter the format. Any suggestions on why this might be occurring?

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Nick McGuire 

Good question.

To help us have more context, can you post more screenshots with a specific example?

Also, what HubSpot trigger are you using? (can’t see from the screenshot)

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Zap is using a New Deal trigger. The additional properties in the initial screenshot were used to show that all types of properties weren’t getting added to the list but the only property I’m really interested in adding is Deal Lead Source (see below).

Like I mentioned, it does show up as an additional property to retrieve but doesn’t get added to the “Properties to retrieve” section. Furthermore, The next Filter step doesn’t show the Deal Lead Source property as an option. For reference, this property is a dropdown property in Hubspot. Again, Zapier doesn’t seem to be adding any type of additional property I choose at the trigger level regardless of whether it’s a dropdown, single line text, or anything else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nick McGuire 

The Properties to Retrieve is a static list of properties that will always be returned.

The Additional Properties to Retrieve would be extra properties to return from the HubSpot trigger/action.

Try this…

Test the Zap trigger, making sure there is a value in HubSpot for the Deal Lead Source, then check the DATA OUT from the Zap trigger step for the Deal Lead Source data point.

Once you know that value, try searching for that value in the Filter step left side condition to help you select the correct data point as it may have a different label than what you are searching for.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

Test was completed successfully but Deal Lead Source did not show up as an output. Both of these deals do have known Deal Lead Source Values so once again not sure why that particular field doesn’t show up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nick McGuire 

Is the Deal Lead Source set when the Deal is created?

The Zap trigger is New Deal, so if the Deal Lead Source is set after the Deal is created, then that could explain why.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Deal Lead Source is required for deal creation. The only slightly different approach to these deals is that Deal Lead Source is a dependent property depending on the deal stage the deal starts in. Regardless, both of the test deals were created with this property filled in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nick McGuire 

As step 2, try adding a HubSpot Find Deal step to see if that returns the desired data point value.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

The find step did end up retrieving the Deal Lead Source property, although it required me to choose specific values for the property.

This should generally be fine for this use case, but in the next filter step, the only Deal Lead Source available to choose is now Organic rather than the generic Deal Lead Source.

From here, I need to populate a Google Sheet with the deal information but the only deal that populates when a new deal is created is the deal that showed up in the Find Deal step (T&B Landscaping - New Deal).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nick McGuire 

For the HubSpot Find Deal step you should search by Deal ID as that is a unique value from Step 1.

In the Filter step, the left side values are always dynamic based on selected variables from previous Zap steps.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone,

Tried searching by ID which caused the Zap to break during the test. Also still requires a specific property value which is just the ID of the test deal that gets filled in.

This also removed Deal Lead Source as an available field in the filter step right after this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nick McGuire 

You need to search by the Dead ID instead of the Account ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nick McGuire 

Like this:

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone,

Still breaking the Zap. No other criteria were added beyond this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nick McGuire 

Are you testing with a Deal ID that still exists?

You may need to refresh the Zap trigger step data examples.

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496310366093

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone,

Refreshed the deals and the Find Deal step did go through. However, the Deal Lead Source is now once again only showing the lead source associated with the original test deal (Affiliate/Partner) rather than a generic Deal Lead Source option. Also, thank you for your help with all of this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nick McGuire 

Are you selecting a HubSpot Deal from the Zap trigger step that has the desired value for the Lead Source so that it passed the Filter conditions?

The Filter conditions are configured correctly.

The Filter step warning indicates that the Deal being used would not pass the Filter step.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone,

Think we finally made it! Updated to a new deal and both organic and paid ads deals are flowing into Google Sheets. Thank you very much for all of your help and patience on this! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s awesome news @Nick McGuire! 🎉 

So pleased to see Troy was able to help get you pointed in the right direction here. Please do reach out in the Community again if you need help with anything else. We’re always here and happy to help! 🙂

@SamB and @Troy Tessalone I’m having the same issue as Nick. I’m trying to fire an offline conversion into Google Ads when a new deal is created, but the ‘additional properties to retrieve’ will not turn up in the next step.

Additionally, when I test the trigger sometimes it doesn’t even turn up any deals. We have around 14,000 deals in our HubSpot account, so there are plenty to pick from. I think that’s probably the first thing I need to figure out.

What’s odd is that it pulls deal information some of the times. But usually only one and most of the time it can’t find any deals at all.

Actually, I think I solved it! I submitted a new deal a moment before testing and it was able to find one. Apparently the data has to be VERY fresh.

As far as the additional fields not showing up, I just had to ensure that the fields had a value or else they wouldn’t show up in the next steps.

Hope this helps somebody in the future!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yay! Great work, @Caden Wilding! 🙌

Sorry for the delay in a response here. Glad you were able to get a new deal test record pulled through with the desired additional fields. And thanks so much for sharing how you were able to get them appearing. I’m certain that information will definitely be useful to other folks who come across this thread in future! 

Happy Zapping! ⚡