Question

Is Files by Zapier Hampered by Zapier text boxes not supporting as many characters as ucf8 encoding?

• 23 April 2024
  • 6 replies

I am trying to pull the raw binary text of a pdf to upload to an S3 upload link, but it doesn’t seem to be working because zapier isn’t setup to handle all of the necessary characters that are used in ucf8 encoding. I could be wrong, but this seems to be the issue. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @NewGin 

PDF file formats may not be supported.

Supported in what capacity. If it is reading the literal binary, I don’t know why it would be an issue of the support, other than the actually characters that are used by ucf8 not being supported in some step of the process. If that is the case, the option probably shouldn’t be called ucf8.  

If characters aren’t supported properly, check each workflow step for true UTF-8 compatibility or consider renaming the option to avoid confusion. Regards: Arlington VA Expert Roofers

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@NewGin and @Herberthoover 

Feedback and feature requests can be submitted via a ticket to Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I would love the feature in which ucf8 was supported, but I’m trying to clarify what is going on with it. Is what I’m seeing that ucf8 isn’t supported correctly by the text fields or by zapier actions as a whole? I would like to know so that I can make the correct feature request. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@NewGin 

Do you mean UTF-8?

That would be a questions for Zapier Support to answer about their platform.