Question

Download Report from Mode to place on SFTP

• 30 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

I am trying to create a zap that initiates a report run in Mode, then moves the .csv report to a Google Cloud Storage bucket. Neither Mode or GCS have connectors in Zapier, so I’m attempting to do this all through custom API calls.

I’ve gotten as far as kicking off the Mode report, but am unable to actually access the report (over 100mb). Does anyone know of a way I can get to the report and then move it to GCS?

Thanks!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jduffy 

Good question.

FYI: Files larger than 100 MB may result in a time out error.

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496288813453-Send-files-in-Zaps

Thanks @Troy Tessalone 

I don’t think it’s a timeout error I’m getting:

Failed to create a request in Webhooks by Zapier
<html> <head><title>502 Bad Gateway</title></head> <body> <center><h1>502 Bad Gateway</h1></center> <hr><center>nginx</center> </body> </html> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page --> <!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->

Here is my setup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jduffy

A 502 bad gateway message indicates that one server got an invalid response from another.

What is the link to the API documentation endpoint you are referencing to configure the GET request?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey! Did you solve this in the last few days? If not:

1. Did you try copying that URL and pasting it into your address bar? Does it work from your browser when it doesn’t work in Zapier?
  2. Zapier has an interesting bit of kit where you can just make the _upload_ request (presumably a signed PUT) to GCS and pass the URL from Mode as an attached files argument. Zapier takes care of downloading from Mode in that case. Maybe that works better?
  3. You could outsource this heavy lifting part to a third party system. My go-to is Xano. You can set up an endpoint there in which you could pass it the URL for the CSV from Mode, have it take care of the download/upload using its built-in file resource and external API support, and then return your the new object key back to Zapier where you can continue on your journey.