Question

How to implement multi level account selection while creating a zap?

• 28 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

My requirement: I have a web app which collects leads. Whenever a need lead is created in my app, I push it to my Zap. From my Zap I was able to send an email to my Gmail account with lead info. 

To fetch the lead info I defined my output fields, which looks something like this.

{
"name": "",
"email": "",
"mobile": ""
}

I was able to reference there fields in my email body. 

I have a new requirement, users in my webapp have their own clients. When I select an account, I need to show the list of Clients of that user and they will select one Client to move ahead. 

To achieve this I created a New Trigger to fetch the list of Clients linked to that user. Here is a screenshot of my Input Designer settings.

Here is the response when I call this Trigger.

[
{"id": 123, "contact_name":"John"},
{"id": 456, "contact_name":"Smith"},
{"id": 789, "contact_name":"Roger"}
]

I was successfully able to fire the trigger after my account linking step. 

In the final Zap, when I select my account, I’m successfully able to show the Client Names in a dropdown.

Here is a screenshot 

How do I pass the “id” in the next step? (Do This) when I send an email along with the Lead form fields?

Here is a screenshot of how I’m selecting the lead form fields in body of email.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@anirudhmaddy - Try setting the Field Name to “id” instead of “contact_name” and Field Label to “contact_name”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @anirudhmaddy! It looks like you were able to work through this with our Support Team. Are you able to share what you learned from that conversation in case another member has a similar solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @anirudhmaddy I’m sorry for the delay in getting a response on this for you. I can see that you contact the Support Team about this, and I think that’s the best way forward here. Someone will be in touch with you via email as soon as possible!

Userlevel 1

@Danvers I haven’t heard back from your team. Could you please look into it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @anirudhmaddy I’m very sorry for the delay in getting back to you - we currently have a higher than usual number of messages in our support queue and are doing everything that we can to get through them. We’ll get your message as soon as we can!