Question

GA4 Source/Medium/Campaign to Pipedrive (using Zapier)

• 10 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello

I have the following automation that I need to do through Zapier and I haven’t yet figured out how:

• Automatically add a Google Analytics Source, Medium and Campaign field to a Lead in Pipedrive Inbox
  • The purpose is to find out if a lead in Pipedrive came for example from a Google Ads campaign (and the campaign name from GA4 gets automatically attached to the lead)

What I’ve done so far:

• Created Custom fields in Pipedrive for GA4 Source; GA4 Campaign; GA4 Medium
  • Tried to create a new Trigger in Zapier “New Conversion Event in Google Analytics 4”. 
  • Filtered to only include “Free Trial” leads
  • GA4 does not send any data about “Source”; “Medium” or “Campaign” through with the Conversion event. Which meant that the “Update deal” Action was impossible to do - I want to update the deal with source/campaign/medium fields from GA4 but GA4 does not send that information through.
  • The only connection right now is the timestamp. (Create time from GA4, Lead Created date from Pipedrive). 

Additional ideas:

Tried to experiment with Webhooks as brought out in this post: 

I successfully managed to create Webhooks this way to send information FROM Pipedrive TO Google Analytics 4 (Creating events when switching deal statuses in Pipedrive for example), but not vice versa.

I would need to create a Webhook that sends information FROM Google Analytics 4 TO Pipedrive. Does anyone have experience with that? Is it possible to use GET call with GA4?

Any help would be much appreciated. 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Bumping the topic :) 

Hi,

Have you figure out how to do? I’m becoming insane trying to work out how to import medium/source/campaign to my Pipedrive leads coming from my website contact forms. I don’t understand why something so basic for marketers is so difficult to set up.

Hi,

Have you figure out how to do? I’m becoming insane trying to work out how to import medium/source/campaign to my Pipedrive leads coming from my website contact forms. I don’t understand why something so basic for marketers is so difficult to set up.

hi @Vans. I did figure it out. There are 2 methods, simpler one and more complex one.

1. Simple one - use a tool called GAConnector. It gives those parameters based on a small script added to your website. But it costs money.
  2. Harder one - I sent all data from Google Analytics 4 to Google Sheets through a Sheets free connector extension. Now I had data on sheets that updated with an interval and the source, medium, campaign parameters were available on the Google Sheets table. I made a 2 different triggers in Zapier - First step is updating this Google Sheets table with the email of the person who signed up for my form (data from Gravity Forms) - so every time someone signed up and data was sent through Gravity, it was also sent to the Google Sheets page on a column following the source, medium, campaign parameters (which come from GA4 on form submission conversion). Now I had parameters + email in the table. Second trigger was using the time created of lead inbox leads in Pipedrive and the hour+day dimension of GA4 to connect the creation time of these leads. So new or updated spreadsheet row = update lead in Pipedrive with Source, Medium, Campaign data. Connection was made through the email address. I tried to do it through the Creation time at first, but GA4 does not count minutes and seconds like Pipedrive does. Zapier support couldn’t help me either. But overall, in the end, we opted for GAConnector, which is costlier but more foolproof.

Hope this helps.