Best answer

Eloqua - Zapier Connection. Failed to create a request in Webhooks by Zapier HTTP 400

• 20 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I want to connect Zapier with Eloqua for the data communications. 

Since Eloqua doesn’t provide any direct integration, I have to use Custom Request in Webhooks by Zapier method to connect the data. 

I went through Eloqua’s documentation https://docs.oracle.com/en/cloud/saas/marketing/eloqua-rest-api/op-api-rest-2.0-data-form-id-post.html

and based on that also created the following Webhooks connection

Here are the screenshots

Apps and Event
Zapier Webhooks Action
Zapier Webhooks Data

Basic Authentication along with Headers

Failed to create a request in Webhooks by Zapier

Could anyone please help to troubleshoot with this?

Regards,

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 20 March 2023, 16:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Bhargav Joshi! 🙂

I’m not super familiar with the Eloqua API but what’s in the Data field for the webhook looks to be formatted as per the example given in the Eloqua documentation. So perhaps there’s something in the Basic Auth or Headers section that isn’t quite right?

That said, it’s mentioned in their documentation that the 400 errors relate to validation, so I’m wondering if any of the values that you’re attempting to set for the fields aren’t quite what it’s expecting. Or perhaps there’s a required field on the form that’s missing from the fields the webhook is attempting to write to?

Can you double-check the fields to see if there’s any validation issues that might be causing the error here, and let us know what you find? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Bhargav Joshi 

Good question.

Make sure to remove any leading/extra/trailing whitespace.

Userlevel 1

Thank you very much both of you! @SamB  and @Troy Tessalone 

Yes, I checked in the Eloqua Form and ensured there is no any validations set.

Then after I also removed  leading/extra/trailing whitespace and then it worked like a charm. 

Userlevel 1

Welcome to the Community, @Bhargav Joshi! 🙂

I’m not super familiar with the Eloqua API but what’s in the Data field for the webhook looks to be formatted as per the example given in the Eloqua documentation. So perhaps there’s something in the Basic Auth or Headers section that isn’t quite right?

That said, it’s mentioned in their documentation that the 400 errors relate to validation, so I’m wondering if any of the values that you’re attempting to set for the fields aren’t quite what it’s expecting. Or perhaps there’s a required field on the form that’s missing from the fields the webhook is attempting to write to?

Can you double-check the fields to see if there’s any validation issues that might be causing the error here, and let us know what you find? 

yes, I also had this doubt and that’s why checked the form once again. I also tried to create a new form with a new Zap and got the same issue. 

The main culprit was the  leading/extra/trailing whitespace that were making an issue. Once I removed them then it worked like a charm.