Best answer

Zoho CRM Create/Update Module Entry: Creating Duplicate leads instead of updating a record.

• 21 March 2023
  • 3 replies

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Hello,

I’ve created a zap between Zoho CRM and CallRail so each time a call is complete a new record is created “or” update in the Leads module. However, although I tried to use email / custom value and each of those independently too, I keep getting duplicated leads on my CRM system. Next are the images of the “duplicate check fields”:

only using phone number as value to identify duplicate fields

using phone number + email to identify duplicated records

In both cases, Zapier is capturing each lead data as new and I’m getting duplicated records in my system.

The question is: how to fix this? The goal is to have single unique lead records regardless how many completed call they made (tracked through CallRail)

Thanks

icon

Best answer by SantosLaw 18 April 2023, 15:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SantosLaw 

Good question.

These are standardized dropdown fields, so you probably want to select “Phone” instead of mapping a dynamic value for phone.

Both email and phone dynamic variables should be mapped into other fields in the Zap action step.

Hey there,

The solution was found by enabling “unique fields” in Zoho, meaning that zapier can enable recognizing unique values when adding a new record….

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @SantosLaw,

Glad to know you were able to get it sorted!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to post them in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗