Best answer

Zaps suddenly don't work anymore > Clickup connection "Cannot read property "members" of undefined"

• 28 September 2023
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi!

My Zaps which always used to work suddenly don’t work anymore since today/yesterday. No changes were made to the Zaps, so this seems strange to me.

The problem lies within the step “Find user by name or email in Clickup”. When I test this step I get an error: “Failed to find a user in ClickUp - Cannot read property ‘members’ of undefined”

This is what I already tried/checked:

• The account I connected ClickUp with, is still admin in ClickUp, so this should not be an issue
  • Reconnected ClickUp & tested the connection - was successful
  • Created the step “Find user by name or email in Clickup” from scratch, still doesn’t work & doesn’t work with field “email” either.

What can I do here so my Zaps work again? Does anyone else experience this issue out of the blue?

icon

Best answer by SamB 5 October 2023, 11:41

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Anubis 

Good question.

To help you troubleshoot, check the Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1

Hey @Troy Tessalone 

So I get the same Data in as before (when it was working fine), but no Data out. The Beta Troubleshooting also doesn’t help much.

I also attached a case where this step has been successful in the past. I have no clue of why this happened beginning yesterday, the last Clickup patch is dated for 21st of September, so this should not be it. Because I checked and the last time a workflow went through successfully (especially this specific step) was September 27th. So there must be something that changed over night from the 27th and the 28th of September.

This is the step right now:

And this is what the troubleshooting says about it:

And here is how this step looked like a few days ago:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Anubis

The previously working example looks like you were using an older version of the ClickUp Zap app (2.1.9), so the issue might have to do with the newest ClickUp Zap app version.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

I reached out to ClickUp and they confirmed that this is a bug from their side. They are working on a fix.

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @Anubis! I did some checking on this end and found a recently opened bug report for this very same issue. We can’t make any promises around when the ClickUp app’s developers will have this resolved by. But I have added you to the list of folks being impacted by it so that we can also notify you the minute a fix gets shipped.

If we come across any workarounds or have any updates in the meantime we’ll be sure to share details of them here! 🙂

Thanks for letting us know, @Anubis! I did some checking on this end and found a recently opened bug report for this very same issue. We can’t make any promises around when the ClickUp app’s developers will have this resolved by. But I have added you to the list of folks being impacted by it so that we can also notify you the minute a fix gets shipped.

If we come across any workarounds or have any updates in the meantime we’ll be sure to share details of them here! 🙂

Do you have a link for us to follow?
I also want to be in the list, it is blocking my integrations...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @FilipeMeireles,

I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report. While we can’t provide an exact timeframe for the bug’s fix. However, we will let you know via email once the bug has been fixed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi, It seems like this issue is still ongoing. Would it be possibble to add me to the list of people notified whe the issue is resolved?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Davidnigelflynn,

I’m so sorry hear about the inconvenience this bug has caused you.

I have added you as another affected member to the bug report. We will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been fixed.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hi, can you add me to the list as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ahartman. 👋

I’ve added you to the list of folks being impacted by this issue as well. No ETA on when it will be resolved but we’ll be in touch over email as soon as it’s sorted.

any chance there is an update here? running into the same issue which prevents assignment of tasks when their created.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @d.palmer,

I’m so sorry for the inconvenience, but the bug is still unresolved. However, I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report. We will keep you updated via email as soon as the issue is resolved.

Moreover, you can directly contact ClickUp and inform them about the bug you're encountering in their app on Zapier. ClickUp is responsible for maintaining and updating their integration with Zapier

I appreciate your patience and understanding.