Question

Zapier keeps grabbing the same Rows from Google Sheets - HELP

• 25 January 2023
  • 4 replies

We are using zapier for ticketing issuing. Essentially I have one zap pulling data from Woocommerce to a google sheet.
I then have another zap that is triggered on a new row.

I then use zapier to lookup rows in a spreadsheet we have that contain all the ticket numbers with an associated column that just says Purchased or Available, it looks up the first rows that have “available”.

It then targets those same rows and changes it to “purchased” whilst also putting the ticket numbers in a separate workbook to allow our CRM to send out the ticket numbers.
The issue I am having is due to volume of purchases, it keeps grabbing the same ticket numbers cause a duplication of tickets being sent out.
I have experimented with wait steps and filters but can’t find anything that will help. Essentially what I need is to not allow the zap to trigger until the contact in front of it finishes the workflow.

Any ideas?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Not if you use the delay after que zap. It won’t be able to overwrite until the one ahead of it finishes. I might re add a search function on the data being pulled incase the row does change if you’re worried. You can add different zaps to the same que as well that way it if you need one zap to finish before another they’re both in the same que. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @YourJetLife 

You can use Delay after Queue action to make sure data are being processed in order: https://zapier.com/blog/zapier-delay-guide/#DAQ

As another example, due to issues this morning I missed out on 220 spreadsheet rows, If i were to upload existing data wouldn’t it just overlap the 220 contacts?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @YourJetLife - are you all set or have any other questions, we’re here to help any time :] 

Best- Rachael