Question

Zapier can not catch visitor message on tawk.to

Badge

you can see I can not catch the visitor message and whatsapp information on zapier, how to fix it?

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @HARSLE, welcome to the Community!

I’m not super familiar with Tawk.io, is the WhatsApp information contained within a custom field in Tawk.io or is it a standard field? 

I’m thinking that the WhatsApp field might be a type of field that isn’t currently supported. Am I right in thinking that you’re using the Chat Ended trigger?

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Badge

You can check from the form on takw.to , it can catch name and email, but it can not catch whatsapp and message. I used New Chat Started trigger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @HARSLE,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

Before we dive deeper, could you please try these troubleshooting steps for me?

1. Turn off your Zap.
  2. Reconnect your tawk.to account here: https://zapier.com/app/connections/tawk-to
  3. Publish your Zap.
  4. Trigger the Zap by doing a test chat, and ensure that the fields on the screenshot are filled out.
  5. Go to your Zap History.
  6. Please send a full screenshot of the Data Out of the triggerPlease don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

Please keep us posted! 😊

Badge

Badge

Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @HARSLE,

Thanks so much for sending over those screenshots. They're super helpful, but it seems like we might be missing one. Would you mind snapping a quick picture of the “Data Out” section in the trigger step and sending it over?

d1449d8458ba95054908aae0b3413d73.png
(view larger)

Please don't include personal information in the screenshot, or be sure blur out any personal information.

I really appreciate your cooperation with this! 😊

Badge

Badge

please also check here

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @HARSLE,

Thanks for the screenshot!

Looking at the screenshot, it looks like the fields you’re referring to is being returned by the trigger under the “Message Text” field. That said, could you please try mapping the data that should look like “Message Text” data that comes from the trigger step to your Gmail step?

Please keep us posted! 😊

Badge

The main problem is we can not find the text information from the trigger area, but I can find it on the tawkto.

Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @HARSLE! 👋

Thanks for sharing those helpful screenshots here. It seems the fields in the same are different from those that are sent from Tawk.to when it’s running live.

As we’re seeing the WhatsApp field come over when the Zap runs live then there’s a workaround you can try that involves manually selecting the WhatsApp field using “custom pill mapping”. It’s a way of allowing you to select fields that aren’t in the test sample but are present when the Zap runs.

We’ve got a guide on how to use it here:

Please give that a read through and let us know if you run into any issues in implementing that in the Zap. Keen to ensure you’re all set here so we’ll be keeping an eye out for your reply! 🙂

Badge

Badge

I still can not get the information for whatsapp and message

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry to hear that @HARSLE. Ah, it won’t be able to send any information while testing in the Zap Editor as those fields aren’t available in the sample. Sorry for not clarifying that better previously.

As those fields are available when the Zap runs live it should be able to pass the value from the WhatsApp and Message field over to Gmail when it’s switched on. Can you try turning the Zap on and do a live test instead?

Looking forward to hearing how that goes!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @HARSLE,

It looks like you may have used the incorrect pill in the “Body” field since the fields you’re referring to shows up in the “Message” field in the Data Out of the trigger. Maybe we can try using the Message pill instead? {{paste the Node ID of the trigger here__Message__Text}}.

Please give that a try, and let us know how it goes! 😊

Badge

Badge

As you can see, I still can not get it even I run the zap

Badge

please also check above pictures

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello @HARSLE! 👋

Hmm, it looks like a single underscore is being used between the message and text field names. As the text field is a nested field within the message field, you’ll need to separate the field names with double underscores instead. For example: {{198042114__message__text}} 

That should then allow the Zap to select the text field (including all the Name, Email, WhatsApp and Message values):
0c35d139d4874fbb278374186c957064.png

Can you try copying and pasting {{198042114__message__text}} into the Body field on the Gmail action and then run a live test to see if that does the trick?

Badge

Badge

Badge

Badge

I did as you told, but it showed another information, not the text that I want