Question

Zap sending wrong info to Okta

• 29 April 2023
  • 2 replies

I have created a zap that causes OKTA to create a new user when a new user signs up for an account using Stripe. The zap is supposed to pass an email, first name, and last name to OKTA.  The zap works when I test it through the Zapier site.  However, when I create a new user in Stripe the email that is passed to OKTA is the email a used during testing on the Zapier site and not the email that from Stripe.  OKTA throws an API validation error: “Api validation failed: login. login: An object with this field already exists in the current organization”

See attached screenshot.  

How do I correct this problem? 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @DAICurt 

This probably means that you hardcoded the email in the zapper step (i.e.: you actually typed the email instead of mapping the relevant field coming from Stripe) OR you mapped the wrong field and this is actually your email?

You can share some screenshots of your current setup so we can help you better. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Without seeing the screenshots of your Zap’s action step, it sounds like you’ve manually typed in an address in the field in the editor instead of mapping a field from a prior step.

Here’s a help doc that might … help: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496343026701-Send-data-between-steps-by-mapping-fields