Question

Zap couldn't be turned on due to an error: Unable to retrieve the list of emails, and resources could not be discovered

• 10 April 2023
  • 9 replies

I am trying to create a trigger where an outlook email with a certain phrase gets pushed to my notion and creates an entry in my tasks database. 

This works fine when I test it but gives the following error when I try to publish the zap.My

My flow is as follows

I had to create a format step to remove a trailing single quote which was causing my zap to fail.

This is a rduimentary version of the automation I am trying to create (I want to be extracting a certain phrase that always comes in as a certain pattern ie XX-XXXX and have that push through to notion only but for now i am ok with the whole email getting pushed.. just need it to work.

9 replies

just realized not all the screenshots were on the main post so putting it in the replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey there @zsahmed,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

This error is likely to happen when the Outlook account is not hosted on the Exchange Online server (ex: self-hosted/on-premises). At the moment, our Microsoft Outlook integration only supports accounts that are hosted on the Exchange Online server.

Could you let me know if your account is on the Exchange Online server? 

Alternatively, if you have an administrator that manages this email account can you please have them see whether the email account is hosted on the Microsoft Exchange Online server or not?

Keep us posted, thanks! 😊

Yes it is!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @zsahmed 

I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

This could mean that the entered email address was invalid in the "From" field.

The zap worked in test but gives me this error when publishing

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

hi @zsahmed 

According to our help docs, you would need to either have an Office 365 subscription, a Microsoft live.com account with Outlook or individual purchase of Microsoft Exchange Online subscriptions.

On-premises Exchange servers are not supported.

Here’s the link to our help docs: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495989322893-Common-Problems-with-Microsoft-Outlook-on-Zapier.

hi @zsahmed 

According to our help docs, you would need to either have an Office 365 subscription, a Microsoft live.com account with Outlook or individual purchase of Microsoft Exchange Online subscriptions.

On-premises Exchange servers are not supported.

Here’s the link to our help docs: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495989322893-Common-Problems-with-Microsoft-Outlook-on-Zapier.

Brem - what you’re saying contradicts what Brem.a says above 22 days ago. They say it must be an on prem Microsoft Online account. 

Can you please clarify? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @KatieZapZap,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

I apologize for the confusion that my response has caused. Based on our notes 

The Outlook integration will only work with Outlook accounts that are on the Exchange Online server.

These will be generally be accounts provided by organisations (eg a user's company/school/etc) that are hosted online (ie not self-hosted/on premises) or individual paid-for Office 365 accounts.

Hopefully, this clarifies things a bit. Please let us know if you have any other questions. We’re always happy to help! 🤗