Best answer

Youtube Short to Buffer Instagram/ Buffer Pinterest Issue (reading 'ext')

• 23 March 2024
  • 3 replies

How I have already mentioned - in following Post 

I Have a similar issue I want to post from a youtube Channel Id a short to buffer instagram or Pinterest
The Youtube video got detected and the Links got scrapped -
I have to Links and a bunch of other stuff - the Embed Link and the normal youtube link - I tryed to give the buffer Block one of these link both didn’t worked.
I guess something with importing or downloading or forwarding isn’t working
I Tryed several settings in the buffer blocks and already replaced it. I don’t think it is an issue of the file format becaus it is a video directly from youtube otherwise the Block will not exist.

icon

Best answer by SamB 26 March 2024, 14:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Atlan 

The mapped variable is to a YouTube website page that has a video embedded, so that’s not a file.

The Video field expects a file object or a file url.

Help for sending files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

So if i get it right it isn’t possible both times it is only a link and that aren’t working… So it need to be an additional step like downloading into a drive and from there sharing it right.
All these other url’s are img - beside that embed url that is also only a link and not that file

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @Atlan! 👋

There’s an existing feature request that’s still open for the ability to have the video file object, or publicly-accessible download link, returned with the YouTube app triggers. So the desired workflow is not currently possible right now. I’ve added your vote to that feature request but I can’t give any estimate as to when it may get implemented by. But we’ll definitely let you know once it is added!

If these are these videos that you created yourself as a workaround, perhaps you could upload them to an app like Google Drive for example. Then you could use Google Drive as the trigger for the Zap and share them via Buffer. 

Please do let us know if there’s anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

For anyone that comes across this and wants their vote added to the feature request too, please reach out on the main topic that’s tracking interest in that feature request and well be happy to add your vote to it: