Question

Xero error: Raw request failed, problem executing your request. Project returned 500

• 21 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I need to create a zap whereby every week the weekly time allocated to a project in Xero is retrieved and inputted into a google sheet.

Since there is no out of the box event in zapier for getting projects data I needed to create a custom action.

I created a custom action: Get Project Time Entries with the below Input field:

I added the below URL: 

I also added the below additional headers:

When I test this action I get the below error:

Can anyone help on this issue? 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Kristina Mifsud! 🎉

I did some testing in my own account and couldn’t get it working either. Digging into the Xero documentation it seems that the projects endpoint you’re referencing is available under their separate Projects API not their Accounting API. As far as I know the Xero app on Zapier doesn’t currently have access to that Projects API endpoints so that’s likely what’s preventing it from successfully performing the request.

I couldn’t see any existing feature requests for the ability to be able to search for project time entries specifically so I would recommend reaching out to our Support team about this. They’ll be able to get a new feature request opened up so we can track interest in having that added to the Xero app. 

In the meantime, as Xero’s Projects API would require the use of OAuth 2.0 the only way to make a request to the Projects API in a Zap right now would be to build a private integration with on Zapier’s Developer Platform. There’s a bit more work involved in doing that, compared to setting up a custom action but if you’re interested in exploring that you can learn more about it here: https://zapier.com/developer-platform

Alternatively we have a number of certified Zapier Experts who might be able to help build what you need: https://zapier.com/experts

Sorry to not have a more immediate solution. If there’s anything else I can assist you with please do let me know! 🙂 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’m currently trying to work with a Xero custom action to retrieve an Invoice payment URL, which is certainly in the Accounting API.

What I’m finding is that an encoded authorization Bearer token is needed, and for whatever reason, the one that should be generated by Zapier is not being sent automatically in the request header. -- And if that’s the case, and if I’m not making a mistake, there’s no way anyone can build any custom actions.