Question

WordPress error: Authentication failed: 403 Forbidden: Access Denied. Please see common causes and fixes for 403 errors

• 25 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

We are having troubles connecting with Zapier to Wordpress. The same issues I’ve seen many questions about but no answers.

Our site is connected through Cloudflare but we have disabled all proxy services to fault-find this. We are on the free version and do not have Superbot. No firewalls in place currently or exceptions. 

I’ve attached issues of various errors.

It’s now stuck on:

"authentication failed: 403 Forbidden: Access Denied. Please see common causes and fixes for 403 errors at https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-wordpress#403-forbidden-error."

However the authentification is correct and admin level, no Jetpack installed.

Thanks,

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there!

I can see that our Support Team has been in touch with you about this, and they’re in the best position to help you as they can look at the logs of the information sent between your Zap and WordPress. If you reply to the message they sent earlier today, they can keep troubleshooting this with you. 

Thanks!

Hi there, 

I’m having similar problems. Wordpress hosted on VentraIP. No firewall or jetpack as far as I know. Have even deactivated some other modules. 

Have followed the steps in the common problems but no luck. Still landing on this error

"authentication failed: 403 Forbidden: Access Denied. Please see common causes and fixes for 403 errors at https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-wordpress#403-forbidden-error."

Wordpress is Current version: 6.2.2

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @WAWMR Web Admin,

Since a variety of setup issues can prevent WordPress from connecting with Zapier, you may want to try a few different solutions.

• Since other plugins can also interfere with Zapier's connection, I would suggest disabling all plugins besides the Zapier plugin, then creating a new connection to see if that helps the issue.
  • You could also try changing the permalink for the WordPress site in case that is causing a connection issue: 
  • The type of permalink used on the WordPress installation is causing trouble. To change the permalink type:
    • In your WordPress site, go to Settings, then click Permalinks.
    • Click any permalink option other than "Plain" (this is the default option).
    • Click "Save Changes".

Help guide reference: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495969550989#error-expat-or-parsing-0-0

Please keep us posted!

Hi Ken, I’ve already tried those solutions and still no luck. Besides disabling every single module, is there anything else it could be?

(I’m using CIVICRM modules that I haven’t disabled to test but I don’t want to unless it's absolutely necessary, because we use them on a daily basis)

Cheers 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @WAWMR Web Admin,

Thanks for letting us know.

I recommend checking out this awesome post where a fellow member successfully resolved a similar issue by changing their WordPress password. You can find it here:

If changing the password doesn't work for you, it's possible that you're encountering a bug with the WordPress integration. Could you kindly provide the following details about your WordPress installation?

1. A list of installed plug-ins on your site
  2. The hosting service you use for your WordPress site

Please keep us posted! 😊