Best answer

Wordpress API returns Censored Results?

• 1 December 2023
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello! I’m having an issue with the Wordpress API request app returning censored URLs. When I query the API locally from my machine, I get proper URLs. Is this Zapier censoring my results? Zapier support wanted to say it was Wordpress, but none of their explanations made sense (said my site was set to private, but it’s not). 

icon

Best answer by SamB 18 January 2024, 16:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 1

Same thing is happening to me with Google Workspace Admin. Would love a solution if anyone has it. 

"nextPageToken": ":censored:668:dc9594a11a:"

Userlevel 2

Same thing is happening to me with Google Workspace Admin. Would love a solution if anyone has it. 

"nextPageToken": ":censored:668:dc9594a11a:"

Hi Robby, my solution was just to use the generic Webhooks by Zapier Zap. The only real difference is you’ll have to setup your API credentials manually. No idea why Zapier censors the results in these prebuilt connectors, but it renders them basically useless. Even more ridiculous is that their own support doesn’t seem to know about the issue and blames it on the API. Stupid. 

Userlevel 1

...The only real difference is you’ll have to setup your API credentials manually...Stupid. 

Ugh x 3. I’ll give support another crack at it before I do that.

Userlevel 1

Support acknowledged the Bug and wasn’t able to offer a ETA on a fix.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @SeanMiller91 and @robbyPlutoTV 👋

Thanks so much for flagging this! I’m so sorry about the troubles here. I just wanted to confirm that the issues you’re both running into here are definitely related to a bug that’s not just affecting the WordPress app.

You’ve both been added to the bug report for this which will help to increase it’s priority. We can’t make any promises around when it will be resolved by but we’ll definitely be in touch by email as soon as it is.

For now it looks like the only reported workaround is what’s already been discussed here - to use a Webhooks by Zapier action which isn’t ideal I know but hopefully it will help to get things up and running until it’s been fixed.

Thank you for both your patience in the meantime. Hopefully it will be fixed soon! 🤞

Guys, I need a fix for this also..

Same here for API request actions for PandaDoc..
This is making my Zapier consume 2 more tasks, just because of a bug of yours.

Can please fix asap?

Hi there,

I’m having the same issue with the Zoom API, I’m sending an authenticated request to get a meeting recording’s details, and the passcode to access the file is censored.

“password”: “:censored:8:64d0e989fd:”

Please fix this soon as I can’t have my users get a Zoom API key or they might as well drop Zapier entirely!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @jus10 and @fabcairo,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I have added you both to the open bug report as another affected members. We will let you know via email once the bug has been fixed.

I apologize for the inconvenience this bug has caused you and I appreciate your patience and understanding.

I am using the Okta App to pull information from their API (user emails) and all the email addresses are censored.  Is that related to this same bug in this thread?

Hi @jus10 and @fabcairo,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I have added you both to the open bug report as another affected members. We will let you know via email once the bug has been fixed.

I apologize for the inconvenience this bug has caused you and I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Can you add me too please?  Same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @maudlin533 and @pseguin,

I’m so sorry for the delayed reply here.

I have added you to the bug report. We will keep you in the loop via email once the bug has been fixed.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hi there,

I’m having the same issue with the Zapier logs. I would like to write my Client ID to logs. 

Please let me know when this issue is fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @busrayal,

I have added you as another affected member to the open bug report. We will keep you updated via email once the bug has been fixed.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.