Question

Webflow: The app returned "'fields.name' is too long (maximum is 256 characters)".

Badge

Hi i am getting similar error Message by using Instagram->Webflow.

Troy is giving an answer but on his screenshot there are no settings i am stuck and dont get it to work. Somebody found a different solution or can provide the appropriate settings?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @verex 

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured along with the encountered error to help us have context.

Badge

Hi @verex 

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured along with the encountered error to help us have context.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@verex 

We would need to see screenshots with how your Zap step 2 is configured.

Badge

ok:

Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@verex 

We would need to see how your ‘Action’ section is configured.

Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@verex 

It’s likely the mapped variable of Caption is too long for the field Name.

You may need to add a Formatter > Text > Truncate step.

Badge

I am sorry @Troy Tessalone i used the guide of webflow to use zapier for Instagram integration. I am new to zapier i have problems to understand how/where to add this step, could you help me out with this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@verex 

You would need to add the Formatter step before the Webflow step.

Badge

@Troy Tessalone still not working but i also would need help to setup the additional zap

Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

i tried other setting sbut not working:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@verex

Please show more screenshots for these.

What are the results of this Formatter config?

Did you map the output from the Formatter step to the Name field in place of the previously mapped variable?

Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

Badge

@Troy Tessalone 

ok i this was it, but now a differnet error:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@verex 

GSearch results about the error: https://www.google.com/search?q=webflow+error+site+is+published+to+multiple+domains+at+different+times

Badge

thank you for your help!