Best answer

Unable to find contacts using the account ID from Raisely to create or create an account in Salesforce.

• 16 January 2024
  • 23 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi brains trust! I’ve connected my Raisely account with salesforce, so now every time there’s a donation through Raisely, it will update / create a contact in Salesforce.

But I’m running into an issue: I want to make sure there is a cumulative history of donations from people, not just constant updates with the latest donation. So I want to create a closed-won opportunity with every donation against the contact.

I can’t figure out why it’s failing to find the contacts using the Account ID. Can anyone please help me! 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 22 January 2024, 03:55

View original

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @We Are Mobilise,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Before we dig deeper, could  you please send a screenshot of the “Action” section of your “Find Record” step? Like so:

7625321ff7beefb64a3b236412b4d0d6.png
(view larger)

Please keep me updated!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Ken, please see below!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @We Are Mobilise,

Thanks for the screenshot!

It looks like you mapped the wrong data in the “Search Value” field since you selected Contact in the “Salesforce Object” field. Could you please try remapping the “Search Value” field with the ID from the 2nd step? The ID should look like this: b610b3f712eaee21a8dea330429ba30c.png

Could you please give that a try, and let me know how it goes?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you! It worked on the find record step, but now it’s happening again with the create object step- I’m stuck again sorry! Screenshots attached...

I’ve also tried the salesforce ID rather than the email and get the same error- screenshot attached.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for the update.

It looks like the “Account” field is looking for the Account ID. Could you please try mapping the Account ID from the 2nd step to the “Account” field on your 5th step? 

Please let me know if that works.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Ken, I’ve tried and it still gives me the error “Failed to create a record in Salesforce

Could not create record of the "Opportunity" object: Account ID: id value of incorrect type: [email address from Raisely]”

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for letting me know.

Based on the error you’re getting, it looks like you mapped an email address in the “Account” field. Could you please try remapping the “Account” field with the Account ID instead? Here’s what the Account ID looks like: c3efc7fe07167cd1ce72b22e5568b361.png

Hopefully, this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yep- I’ve tried account ID from both step 2 and 4 and I’m getting the same error unfortunately!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @We Are Mobilise 

Can you post updated screenshots with how your Zap step is configured to give us full context?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve attached screenshots for step 5 only- let me know if you need more! All fields not shown are blank.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@We Are Mobilise 

Couple issues…

The mapped variables for Close Date will result in an invalid date, so that needs to be fixed.

Make sure to reference the field descriptions for guidance.

The Contact field expects a Contact ID, rather than an email address.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I changed the contact to a contact ID and it worked! Fingers crossed I’m not missing anything. I’m not sure what you mean by the date though? It’s come through incorrectly as you said - it’s come through as closed on 10/1/2025… any tips on fixing this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@We Are Mobilise 

You have 2 variables mapped into the same field, one with a timestamp from step 1 and one as a date from step 3.

The field description says it expects a date in this format: YYYY-MM-DD

I’d suggest removing the variable that is mapped from step 1, and leaving the variable mapped from step 3.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Perfect! Thank you so much both!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @We Are Mobilise! Glad to hear that we we’re able to help you out!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi again- I’m stuck with the same error as my issue above, but this time I’ve added the contact ID in the search field and it’s still returning the error! Screenshots attached.
I’m hoping to create a contact, then create a program engagement against that contact in the Program Management Module. 

(I have tried with both Account ID and Contact ID in the Case Manager field and they both get an error message).

The whole Zap is fine until the final stage

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @We Are Mobilise,

Could you please send the screenshots again? It looks like the screenshots did not go through:

1d395b47d19542ffe52a719dd57d8e07.png
(view larger)

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Adding them in halves!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Second half

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I have a hunch that the “Case Manager” field looks for the Owner ID. Could you please try remapping the “Case Manager” field with the Owner ID from the 5th step?

Kindly give it a try and let me know how it goes? I'll keep an eye out for your response!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @ken.a , unfortunately I just tried that and got the same error...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @We Are Mobilise,

Thanks for giving that a try.

I would suggest contacting our Support Team regarding the issue you are facing. Our Support Team possesses the necessary tools to view the logs of the Zap and identify the root cause of the problem.

You can reach our Support Team here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I appreciate your patience and understanding.