Question

Trouble connecting Memberstack and Zapier: Workflow not firing for new members - No error messages found

• 29 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Does anyone know what is classed as a ‘new member’ in Memberstack? There is little to no help on the online library of Zapier info.

I’m struggling to get my workflow to fire - even though testing each stage works perfectly. There’s no history of it running where it’s hit a wall and didn’t complete, it just never fires. Been at it for 5 hours straight so it’s not that there’s a 15 minute polling trigger delay.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @CDVGC! It looks like you were recently in touch with our support team about this, who responded with (edited to remove personal information):

I looked at your Zap and saw no obvious issues with the setup. Regarding waiting time, I wanted to clarify; given that this is an instant trigger, there shouldn't be any wait time based on the plan you're on.

I've tried to recreate the issue with a test Memberstack account we have, though, and one of the things I noticed is that test credentials can be used to authenticate the app with Zapier and switch the Zap on. However, given that they're test credentials, they won't actually work to trigger the Zap on real members. 

Could you please:

1. Let me know what plan the Memberstack account you've connected to Zapier is on: https://www.memberstack.com/pricing
  2. If perhaps you've set up the account with Zapier using test credentials or live ones: (Screenshot) Link to page: https://app.memberstack.com/devtools 

If you are on a paid plan and not using test credentials as noted above, then please do the following: 

• Record a full-screen Loom video of how you go about creating a new member in your Memberstack app while the Zap is on. This will give me additional context on how things are set up on your app and evidence to share with the Memberstack team in case this turns out to be a bug with their integration.

Since you’ve already got a conversation going with our support team, I want to encourage you to continue the conversation there. Please keep us posted on what the issue ended up being; we’d love to share this solution with other members who may have a similar question. 🙂