Question

The given data was invalid - when trying to add a subscriber in Mailerlite group from Practice better booking

• 18 April 2024
  • 7 replies

I’m having all sorts of issues with this one zap.

I’ve a successful zap from ‘new clients’ in Practice better zapped to a new subscriber group in Mailerlite.

I’m trying to set up a new zap from Practice Better when someone confirms a ‘Masterclass booking’ and then then get zapped into a new subscriber group in Mailerlite, but the zap will not work. Even thought it’s just First Name, Last Name and Email… same as the zap that works above.

It’s driving me bonkers this error - The given data was invalid

I’ve tested the PB to Mailerlite is connecting - done working

But it just will not read the data.

correct email to email spot

correct First name and last Name to spot

ERROR

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Carly I,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I have a hunch that the issue here is the mapped email address since it looks like the email address is not valid.

Have you tried publishing the Zap and triggering it to see if the error persists? Also, ensure to check the Zap History to see if you’ll run into the same error.

Additionally, the “Add Subscriber to a Group” action only works for existing subscribers. Changing the action to the “Create or Update Subscriber” could resolve this error as well.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your response!

Confirmed - it’s published and does not work. That email is a test email from Practice better which works on the zap.

Not sure what to do please help if you have a work-around.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Carly I,

I did some digging into this, and it seems like, the SKU field is case sensitive and needs to be an exact match for this built in trigger filter to work as hoped.

Also important to note, Packages and Services are not considered the same thing in Practice Better. Confirmed Package only works for Packages, of course, but the Confirmed Booking trigger will need to be used for Services.

Additionally, have you tried changing the “Add Subscriber to a Group” to “Create or Update Subscriber”?

Hi, yes the SKU is exact = MCB, Its a booking for a service and I’ve chosen booking trigger for service. Ive also tried create update subscriber and not change to error.

Today I did get around the original error by changing the test email it’s using to one that has booked in the past and the zap works, BUT when I’ve tested this by making a booking - my email does not get added to the subscriber group - yet the test email did. So the zap is still not working

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Carly I,

Could you please let me know if there’s any Zap Run in the Zap History and if you’re seeing an error? If so, could you also please send me a screenshot of the Data IN/OUT of the Zap run?

So I got the zap to actually work - adding the subscriber to the group using the “Create or Update Subscriber in MailerLite”… and I thought yay! - But then I started to get Zap Run / History emails saying “Required field "Email" (email) is missing.” - which is weird as it was actually working… 

So I went back in and used the Practice Better default email person again (instead of a real exisiting record) and the zap stopped working.

So I went back to the old way and tested it with a real booking and it’s not working again. so d

am frustrating.

this is the real data that looks correct

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Carly I,

I completely understand your frustration here. It looks like the “Confirmed Booking” trigger isn’t returning the Email, First Name, and Last Name data after the Zap runs.  Whenever you see those {{...}} curly braces around entries in the Data In of an action, this means that there is a field mapped there in the Zap Editor, but when the Zap ran live this data was not sent from a previous step.

You might be running into a bug here. I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team to create a bug report on your behalf or you can reach out Practice Better Support since they’re the ones who owns and maintains their integration in Zapier.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.