Best answer

Sub Zap error: The app returned "Seen this checksum already"

• 6 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello there 👋

Overview: I built multiple zapier automations and use sub-zaps to structure different parts of a big process better and pass information between the zaps.

Details: I only use the sends and starts of sub-zaps and don’t need to return any values to the inital zaps. So as I said: it’s just for a better structure within my process. Since it’s required to return values from a sub-zap to an initial zap and I don’t want to make use of this, I use the same text string for every successful run (“success”).

Error: The initial zap tells me “The app returned "Seen this checksum already"”. Makes sense since I always send the same value.

Question: Can I use sub-zaps without sending information back to the initial zap?

Alternative solution: is it enough to just send the current timestamp back so that the checksum varies for each run?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Philipp

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 6 July 2023, 17:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ps-zaps 

Good question.

Help article for dynamically inserting a timestamp: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496275717261

If you don’t need returned values, then you can chain Zaps together using Webhooks.

1. 1:1
  2. 1:MANY
  3. MANY:1