Stripe Checkout Session Completed works in tests but not when running

• 12 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Here is a simple workflow I’m trying to automate

Stripe -Checkout Session Completed

Create Records in Airtable

It works when testing

But when it’s running it does nothing. I know that is not running because I’ve been able to see new checkout sessions when I re do tests every few hours.

Any idea what that could be?

It worked once when the customer actually finished the whole process (paid) but I was more curious about sessions themselves and wanted to store them in airtable.

Regards

Lukasz

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @lukasz_d 

Good question.

No Data - All Payments/Customers/etc. Missing

Usually this is because a "test" key is used to connect Zapier to Stripe and payments/customers/etc. are created on the "live" account (or vice versa).
The solution is to make sure to use the correct key!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone, thank you

Yeah that would make sense but while testing I am using live key to connect and I’m pulling real (live) data while doing that (as far as I know)

Am I missing something? (my stripe is in live mode and I’m using live stripe key to do all tests)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@lukasz_d 

If the Zap trigger is Stripe Checkout Session Completed, then that will only fire when the checkout session is completed.

These are the available Stripe Webhook Events: https://stripe.com/docs/api/events/types

You can configure a Zap with a Webhooks - Catch Hook to trigger for the desired Stripe Webhook Events.

If you go to the Developers section in Stripe, then you can configure your own Stripe Webhook Events using the Webhook URL provided from the Zap trigger for Webhooks - Catch Hook.