Question

Square error: This order ID is not valid for creating an invoice. Please create a new order and try again.

• 21 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to integrate squareup.com with zapier in a workflow, and I keep getting this error:

This order ID is not valid for creating an invoice. Please create a new order and try again.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey again @Abdul-Omar!  Thanks for reaching out again -- I see you opened a ticket with our support team and I would ask that you continue this conversation there with them for the moment.  I suspect we need to take a deeper look into this issue than we can provide in Community and I do see Ben from our support team reached out to you a couple of days ago.  I am positive we can help you get this sorted out via email =)

Already did and this issue seem to be due to the deprecated create order option in zapier, here is another forum about it and I am posting now to see if there is a solution to this issue 
https://community.zapier.com/troubleshooting-99/zapier-square-create-an-invoice-error-on-invoice-id-17599#comments

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Abdul-Omar, hope you’re doing well!

The error is telling us that the provided value for the Order ID field in the Square Create Invoice step doesn’t match what Square is expecting.

I suggest adding a Square Create Paid Order step on the Zap. This would then provide an ID field that should give the Order ID needed in the Create Invoice step:

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.