Question

Square error: This order ID is not valid for creating an invoice. Please create a new order and try again.

• 21 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to integrate squareup.com with zapier in a workflow, and I keep getting this error:

This order ID is not valid for creating an invoice. Please create a new order and try again.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Abdul-Omar, hope you’re doing well!

The error is telling us that the provided value for the Order ID field in the Square Create Invoice step doesn’t match what Square is expecting.

I suggest adding a Square Create Paid Order step on the Zap. This would then provide an ID field that should give the Order ID needed in the Create Invoice step:

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Already did and this issue seem to be due to the deprecated create order option in zapier, here is another forum about it and I am posting now to see if there is a solution to this issue 
https://community.zapier.com/troubleshooting-99/zapier-square-create-an-invoice-error-on-invoice-id-17599#comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey again @Abdul-Omar!  Thanks for reaching out again -- I see you opened a ticket with our support team and I would ask that you continue this conversation there with them for the moment.  I suspect we need to take a deeper look into this issue than we can provide in Community and I do see Ben from our support team reached out to you a couple of days ago.  I am positive we can help you get this sorted out via email =)