Question

SMS by Zapier is not sending PIN

I’m trying to set up my phone number with SMS by zapier but it is not sending the PIN. It’s a US number. I see there have been a couple of posts on this same issue but the actual solution is not listed.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Britt563 

Good question.

An alternative would be to use a different SMS app such as Twilio: https://zapier.com/apps/twilio/integrations

Related topic:

@Troy Tessalone I don’t want to use Twilio. I just want to know why it isn’t working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Britt563 

It’s tech.

Things break.

You can open a ticket with Zapier Support for further assistance troubleshooting the issue with SMS by Zapier and/or report a bug: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

@Troy Tessalone Yes, I’m aware and I’ve done that. The tool being broken is fine and completely understandable but as someone that has never used it, I am seeking help to make sure there isn’t something I’m doing wrong.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Britt563 - thanks so much for reaching out. Sorry to hear you’re running into this!

Just out of curiosity, do you mind if I ask which carrier you’re using? We have reports of some carriers not delivering the SMS with the pin number needed to set up the Zap, which I’m sorry to say there isn’t a ton we can do to mitigate. 😣

It might be worth reaching out to support via the bug/feature requests section at the bottom of the contact form so they can confirm whether the message is being sent at all.

If it’s showing as “delivered” on our end then that at least confirms it’s the carrier blocking. If the message isn’t sending at all then it may be related to a different bug entirely.

In the interest of full transparency though, we don’t have an estimate for when any of this will be addressed. I know you mentioned not being interested in using alternative services however if you are on a time crunch, as Troy mentioned, Twilio is a great option.

I wish I had better news to share but we definitely appreciate you reaching out in community.

@christina.d Thanks for the response. My carrier is Metropcs. I do want to eventually switch to At&t though, any reported issues with either of these carriers?

I’m not in a hurry for a fix for this. I’m using zapier for the first time so I just wanted to try it out with a simple zap. I can look for a different app in the meantime. I don’t need text messages specifically. I came across Twilio before I even created the zap and for occasional, personal use, it’s just not what I’m looking for.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Britt563 

I noticed you opened a ticket with our Support Team. Here’s what he said:

I have done some digging on the issue, and I see that a few other users have been running into the same problem. As it turns out, what we're seeing is a known bug.

A bug report is in place, and a workaround isn't available at the moment, but we'll get back to you immediately when a fix ships for the problem.

I’ve added your email to the list of affected users, which will help increase priority, and you’ll get a notification once this issue has been resolved.

I suggest to continue the conversation with them as they can dig deeper to what’s happening to your Zap.

@Brem I already saw the email. I sent a support ticket in days before I made this post and just received the first response today. I did indeed continue the conversation there but as they mentioned in their last email, it’s just a bug.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Britt563 

Yes, it is a bug, and the Support team representative has added you to the list of affected users. So once the issue is fixed, you’ll be notified.

@Brem Yes, they mentioned that in the email. It’s fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My carrier is Metropcs. I do want to eventually switch to At&t though, any reported issues with either of these carriers…

Thanks for sharing that! And letting us know what supported advised. Always a bummer to hear but sometimes the context helps. We’ll be sure to keep the thread updated with any news of this as well. 

As far as the carriers, I actually didn’t see anything specific to MetroPCS but if I’m not mistaken they use a similar service to T-Mobile. Them and AT&T we have had some reports of the pin text not delivering. 😔

I’m not sure what sort of kinds of notifications you’re interested in or the workflow but here’s some of the communication apps that Zapier supports. 

In the meantime, feel free to keep us posted with any other q’s you may have! We’re always happy to lend a hand. 🙂