Question

Reply to Email form Gmail Error: invalid id value

• 3 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello Everyone, 

I tried to set up an auto reply for my clubs gmail.

The set up has a matching string ( uccelli) from there i can find the “test mail”.

But in the second step replying to email in gmail, after filing out the bare minimum. (string to search , From, Reply message, Reply to) 

In the test it throws the error : invalid ID value

Any idea ?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Uccelli 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured along with the error message, thanks.

Hello Everyone, 

I tried to set up an auto reply for my clubs gmail.

The set up has a matching string ( uccelli) from there i can find the “test mail”.

But in the second step replying to email in gmail
waterfront homes for sale in chocowinity nc, after filing out the bare minimum. (string to search , From, Reply message, Reply to) 

In the test it throws the error : invalid ID value

Any idea ?

Hello,

Regarding the issue you encountered while setting up an auto-reply for your club's Gmail, where you received an "invalid ID value" error during the test, it seems that there might be an issue with the configuration or input values. Here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check the ID value: Double-check if you have provided a valid ID value in the required field. Make sure the ID value is correct and corresponds to the intended email or template you want to use for the auto-reply.

2. Verify the formatting: Ensure that you have entered the ID value in the correct format, as specified by the auto-reply setup requirements. Check for any typos or missing characters that may be causing the error.

3. Validate the search string: Confirm that the search string you entered is correct and accurately matches the criteria you want to use to identify the test email. Make sure the matching string "uccelli" is correctly spelled and formatted.

4. Review other fields: Double-check all the other required fields, such as "From," "Reply message," and "Reply to." Ensure that the information provided is valid and complete, without any missing or incorrect details.

If the issue persists, it might be helpful to provide more specific details or consult the documentation or support resources for the specific auto-reply setup or tool you are using within Gmail. They can provide more targeted assistance based on the tool's requirements and potential issues.

I hope these suggestions help in troubleshooting the "invalid ID value" error and resolving the problem with your auto-reply setup.