Best answer

Failed to create a remove contacts from list in Constant Contact: Source [contact_ids] invalid

• 24 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

I want the ability to remove contacts from 3 constant contacts lists (if they are in those lists) if they make a purchase in Thinkific. I set up the Zap to the correct product in Thinkific and then went on to remove contact from all of the lists or even one of the lists and I keep getting an error message. 

1. Do I need to have a condition or action to find the contact first and If I do what would that flow look like? 
  2. I keep seeing articles that removing contacts from lists from constant contact isn’t possible and has to be done manually. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 24 April 2024, 23:49

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Amber Auger 

You likely need to pass the Contact ID from Constant Contact rather than an email address.

To help us have full context about the error, post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field types and field descriptions.

Userlevel 1

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Amber Auger

Check the field description for guidance about the expected value.

Userlevel 1

ok, so it suggested adding a find step (which I thought I would need anyway) and then it connected with the internal contact id of the contact in constant contact. I hope this is correct and works- it did allow me to to test and said it was able to publish which is a great sign. Thank you for your help.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s awesome @Amber Auger! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗